Walk Through The Popular Landmarks Of Heidelberg
The tour will start from the Anatomiegarten with the statue of Robert Bunsen, a cue from which I will talk about the discovery of spectral analysis made by him and Kirchhoff in Heidelberg. Afterward, I will do an abroad introduction about the history of the city in main points, while walking along Hauptstrasse (the main road) towards the University square.
Upto 10 people
- Real-time experience streamed live from the beautiful city of Heidelberg
- Walk around the Old Castle and the Heidelberg University
- See where the famous "students' kiss" chocolate is amde
- Gain insights into the history of the city and the castle along with its myths and legends
Join me on this Online Experience and I will take you around the most wonderful sights that the gorgeous city of Heidelberg has to offer.
We will start our tour from the Anatomiegarten. Here, we will appreciate the statue of Robert Bunsen and learn more about the discovery of spectral analysis made by him and Kirchhoff in this very city. Taking a stroll down Hauptstrasse, which is the main street, we will then make our way towards the University square. Along this picturesque walk, I will give you a broad introduction about the history of the city in main points.
Admiring the sprawling grounds of the Heidelberg University, you will get to know about its history as well as some interesting facts, from Nobel prizewinners and confraternities to the student jail. Afterwards, we will make our way around the corner to visit the gothic church of St. Peter and the library.
On our way to the main square, which is known as the Marktplatz, I will show you a shop that sells our unique traditional desserts and snowballs. Once at the Marktplatz, we will walk around and appreciate the Church of the Holy Spirit, the fountain, and the city hall. Stopping by at the bakery CafèKnösel, I will show you how the traditional “Student’s Kiss” chocolate is made by hand.
Our tour will conclude at the Old Bridge, from where you will get a good view of the castle and the surrounding hills as I regale you with trivia about the bridge and the “bridge monkey”.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 75 EUR for a Group of 3 Screens OR as a private session for 125 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Valeria Politino is an Italian girl who came to Heidelberg for her Master's in Astrophysics. She fell in love with the city since day one of living here, and this feeling has only grown fonder over the years. She is passionate about every aspect of human knowledge (hence my scientific studies). She loves learning as much as she can every day. In particular, she learned a lot about the city she lives in. Not only that, but she also loves explaining and spreading culture to others: that’s why she aspires to become a teacher one day, and she also took on the challenge to guide people into the discovery of one of the loveliest cities in Germany!
Christian Lutz has been working as a tour guide in Heidelberg for 3 years now. He is looking forward to creating some unforgettable memories with you touring the Old town. It is an immense pleasure for him to connect with his guests and give them an individual experience of Heidelberg. He will share information about history and culture, student life, food and, of course, his own history with this beautiful city. He hopes he will see you soon on one of his tours so he can share some of his stories with you.
From USD 84 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.