Walk in the Historic Center of Gouda
Gouda. A 1-hour walk through the historic centre. Focus on history, architecture, and present-day society. Walk through the historic center. Explore Central square with one of the Netherlands's most beautiful city halls (570 years old), canals, and an old harbour.
Upto 10 people
Dutch, English, German, Spanish
- Real-time walking tour live-streamed from the city of Gouda
- See popular attractions like the Saint Jans Church and the Central Square
- Visit the local market to witness and learn more about the world famous Gouda cheese
This live-streamed, interactive online experience will focus on Gouda's history, architecture, and present-day society.
Walk with me through the historic centre of Gouda, and continue to explore Central Square, which has one of the most beautiful City Halls in the Netherlands - one of the oldest, too, at 570 years of age! Next, we will admire the beautiful network of canals and head to the old harbour for stunning views. The Saint Jans Church's gorgeous 72 colourful stained-glass windows are an absolute must-see.
Can a trip to Gouda - even a virtual one - be complete without Gouda Cheese? We will take a look at how Gouda Cheese is sold in local markets and learn about how it came to be associated with the city. And yes - although Gouda is renowned for its cheese, it has much more to offer. Find out by joining me on this exciting tour!
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- This tour involves walking to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 75 EUR for a group of 3 screens or for 125 EUR and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Ton Van Garderen
I am a Social Geographer and a certified national tour guide, I have a strong interest in history, architecture, art, society. In 1986, I graduated in Social Geography. Thereafter I worked for the city of Amsterdam in town-planning. There I discovered that office life is not my cup of tea. In 1994, I decided to make a living out of guiding in Amsterdam and other Dutch towns. I never regretted that decision. Working with people and sharing knowledge is big fun!
Very well organized tour! I was amazed by how many things we got to see and learn in just an hour.
The city is really beautiful and has conserved many of its historical buildings.
The guide was friendly, engaged well with the group and was pleasant to listen to.
Needless to say, but I would definitely recommend this tour! :)
From USD 84 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.