Walk from the Brandenburg Gate to the Berlin Wall
On this tour, you'll be experiencing a taste of everything that makes Berlin the amazing and unique city we know today. Think of this tour as the perfect overview of Berlin's ever-changing past and check out some of the key sites any traveller would have on a vacation to Germany's capital.
Upto 10 people
- Real-time experience streamed live from the historic streets of Berlin
- See original pieces of the Berlin Wall and get to know about the city's role in the Cold War
- Visit the haunting Holocaust Memorial
- Interesting stories and anecdotes from your expert local guide
On this live-streamed Online Experience, you will get a taste of everything that makes Berlin the amazing and unique city it is known as today. Think of this tour as the perfect overview of Berlin's past that will allow you to check out some of the most important locales and attractions the city has to offer today.
We will start out in front of the Brandenburg Gate, one of Germany's most recognisable landmarks. Learn about how this old royal border crossing became a symbol of German unity after the fall of the Berlin Wall, and how Napoleon Bonaparte attempted to keep the famous statue on top for himself.
Continue through to the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (also known as the Holocaust Memorial), and hear about the horrors of the holocaust and how attempts are being made to learn from the mistakes of our past. Another important chapter in the history of Berlin was the Cold War, and in our time together we will see original pieces of the Berlin Wall and discuss the city's central role in this historic deadlock that enveloped the world for half of the 20th century. As we walk around, I will also tell you about some of the unbelievable escapes people made to leave East Germany: ever heard of the man who used a zip line to escape over the Berlin Wall with his family? Join me on this Online Experience to see where it happened and much, much more!
Berlin is a city with unparalleled depth, this tour will offer a great introduction to everything you would want to know about it.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 75 EUR for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 125 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Chris Moniz is originally from Toronto, Canada's beautiful and outrageously expensive city. Chris has been living in Berlin since 2015 and has been a tour guide in this city for over five years now. Everything about Berlin is exciting, from the amazing history to the famous nightlife. Chris will take you through some of the most interesting parts of Berlin - from stories of the Third Reich and the Nazi regime to tales about the Berlin Wall and Cold War and everything in between!
Jess Earle originates from Los Angeles, California and came to Berlin on a backpacking trip nine years ago. After deciding to stick around, Jess started working as a professional guide and also decided to study German History at Berlin's very own Humboldt University. Jess loves Berlin because it is a study in contrasts. It has been the center of numerous intellectual and artistic movements and boasts some of the greatest thinkers the world has ever seen.
We got a great virtual tour of Berlin with lots of history and stories that kept us engaged throughout
From USD 81 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.