Walk Down The Streets Of Valldemossa
Valldemossa is a mountain village in the Sierra Tramontana. It is situated 425m high. Only 20 minutes distance from Palma. In the past, Valldemossa started to be well-known because travellers were hosted in its Carthusian monastery. Frèdèric Chopin and Gorge Sand stayed in a cell by the time they came in 1838/39.
Upto 10 people
- Real-time experience streamed live from the small town of Valldemossa in Mallorca
- Explore the Carthusian monastery where Chopin and George Sand once stayed
- Learn about the local lore and local fare, such as the well-known potato biscuit
The town of Valldemossa is only around a 15-20 minute drive from Palma de Mallorca into the Tramuntana mountains but it feels almost like a whole world away from the capital. Perched on a hilltop, surrounded by terraced terrain, Valldemossa was named after the area’s original Moorish landowner, Muza. With its car-free cobbled alleys and rich cultural heritage, the town is a treat to visit.
On this live-streamed, interactive Online Experience, we will walk through the narrow streets decorated with beautiful pots with plants and flowers. Most of the houses maintain their typical stone façade with Mallorquin blinds. I will also take you around the Carthusian monastery, where the famous composer Frédéric Chopin stayed with George Sand during their visit to the town in 1838. You will also learn more about how history has shaped the town: Valldemossa is the birthplace of Santa Catalina Tomàs, a peasant girl born in 1531 who became a nun in Palma and was renowned for her humility; you will see her images appearing everywhere in the village.
Walking around, I will also help you get familiar with the town's present, such as with an excursion to the fine local handcrafts shops and fashion shops. Finally, you will get to learn more about the typical local fare, including almond shakes or hot chocolate with potato biscuits, which Valldemossa is known for.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and at times, the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 80 EUR for a group of 3 OR as a private session for 125 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am Mallorquin. I will be delighted to help you discover Palma along with other amazing places throughout the island, Mallorca. For more than 20 years I have been an Official Tour Guide in Mallorca. I have worked for many travel agencies and I'm experienced in managing diverse groups with very different interests and ages. You are my guest and I wish to give you a special, good and new experience. This is my goal. I always think that every day is different like the weather.
From USD 89 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.