Walk Around the Old Town of Palma de Mallorca
A walking live-stream around the streets of the old town of Palma de Mallorca. We begin in the Cathedral of Saint Mary, the only gothic cathedral next to the sea, and with the biggest rose window of the word, to go into the serpent streets of the high part of the city, finding several old palaces of the traditional families and their characteristic courtyards.
Upto 10 people
- Walking tour, live-streamed from the atmospheric streets of Palma
- Visit the Cathedral of Saint Mary against vistas of the Mediterranean Ocean
- Highly interactive tour of high and lower part of town with your local tour guide
We begin our real time, live experience of the "Pearl of the Mediterranean" at the Cathedral of Saint Mary, the only gothic cathedral next to the sea, and home to the biggest rose window of the world. Circuiting through serpentining streets we will reach the high part of the city, and find several old palaces of traditional families and their characteristic charming courtyards.
En-route to the Old University, admire buildings and churches and browse through pages of history to learn about monumental men of Mallorca whose name will always be remembered by the world. Your guide will introduce you to two such distinguished personalities: Ramon Llull, the main occidental philosopher of the XIV century, and Saint Junipero Serra, priest founder of one of the most important cities of California, USA.
We will then visit the Main Square and the commercial street of Saint Michael, where James I the conqueror celebrated the first mass and expressed gratitude for his victory over the Muslims. Continue into the lower part of the city, to observe the great homes of the merchant families built in competition to the posh neighbourhoods of the high city.
After visiting "The Born" the favourite promenade of locales and visitors, we will finish at the astonishing "La Lonja", a building that was made for meetings of the merchants and businessmen in the XIV th century, and the best example of civil gothic architecture on the island.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- This tour involves walking to different places; at times the mobile network may be intermittent, and the picture may not be clear. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 75 for a Group of 3 Screens or as a private tour for 125 EUR and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a passionate citizen of Palma, the incredible capital of the Balearic Islands. I have spent time walking around the city, hunting for secrets, discovering new places, and most importantly enjoying every moment of it.
I majored in Journalism and History of Art at the National Museum of Fine Art. I have devoted more than 15 years studying history, heritage and architecture from newspaper archives, and writing about them in magazines and journals.
Since 2014, I have conducted guided tours in several cities of the world. I settled in Palma to share my knowledge about this amazing city with visitors, and to make them feel like real locals.
From USD 83 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.