Walk around the important institutions of The Hague
This tour is about the political system in the Netherlands, The Hague as host of institutions of International law, the royal palace and the history of monarchy, a brutal political murder in 1672. The Hague is the center of International law, with the Hague Tribunal, also known as the "Peace Palace", as a worldwide known representative.
From The Hague
Upto 10 people
Dutch, English, German, Spanish
- Real-time, online experience live-streamed from The Hague
- Visit sites of international political importance including the Peace Palace
- Witness the 800 years old Hall of Knights, the 'Beach Panorama' and Vermeer's girl with the Pearl earring
- Get to know more about The Hague and how it attained the significance it possesses today from your expert local guide
Join me on this live-streamed, interactive online experience to explore the Hague, a centre of international political significance, from the comfort of your own home!
The Hague is the centre of International law, with The Hague Tribunal, also known as the "Peace Palace", a worldwide known representative. Although Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands, the national government is seated in The Hague. The Hague is also famous for its art, the Royal Palace and the history of the monarchy.
During the tour, we will explore the government buildings, the Prime Minister's office, the 800 years old Hall of Knights, the place of a brutal political murder (1672), and the Hague tribunal. For the art lovers, we will also say hello to Vermeer's Girl with the Pearl Earring and admire a beach panorama of 1680 square metres painted by The Hague artist Mesdag.
I look forward to hosting you on this virtual tour!
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- This tour involves walking to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 75 EUR for a group of 3 screens or for 110 EUR and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Ton Van Garderen
I am a Social Geographer and a certified national tour guide, I have a strong interest in history, architecture, art, society. In 1986, I graduated in Social Geography. Thereafter I worked for the city of Amsterdam in town-planning. There I discovered that office life is not my cup of tea. In 1994, I decided to make a living out of guiding in Amsterdam and other Dutch towns. I never regretted that decision. Working with people and sharing knowledge is big fun!
From USD 81 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.