Walk around the Financial District, Manhattan
This tour is about American colonial, revolutionary, and financial history. It's about the rise of New York City as one of the great ports of the maritime world.
From New York
Upto 3 people
- Walking tour, live-streamed from the streets of the Financial District by your enthusiastic New York guide
- Learn about the colonial, revolutionary, and financial history of America and the rise of New York City as one of the great ports of the maritime world
- Visit important landmarks such as Castle Clinton, US Customs House, Trinity Church, the New York Stock Exchange, and other significant financial buildings
We will begin your real-time, live tour at Battery Park and head toward Castle Clinton, a fort built for the war of 1812 between the USA and Great Britain. We will have a brief view of the Statue of Liberty in the Harbor at a distance of about half a kilometre. Nearby is the US Customs House, named for Alexander Hamilton and built in 1900. It has been featured in movies like Ghostbusters 2 and Batman.
We will step into a bank whose lobby was once a ticket office for a great steamship company, which went out of business after the rise of the jetliner. Next, we will move to the oldest park in the city, where a statue of King George III was installed before the American Revolution and was melted down during the revolution for 48,000 musket balls.
We will walk down Beaver Street, where the fur markets were, and then up Broadway, where ‘ticker-tape parades’ have been held since 1886. Of course, we will stop by Trinity Church, whose graveyard dates back to 1690 and holds the remains of several American revolutionary heroes.
Finally, we come to the New York Stock Exchange and other significant financial buildings at the corner of Wall and Broad and end the tour in front of the 1889 Statue of George Washington.
About this experience
- Live-streamed of the Financial District in lower Manhattan
- Interactive Session where Stan, your expert guide will have you enthralled with important landmarks and historical events
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- You can book this tour for $75 per screen for up to 3 screens or $125 for a private session for up to 10 screens joining this tour from anywhere in the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot.
- Since this tour involves walking to various places, the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a licensed guide in New York City, a certified member of the Guides Association of New York City (GANYC), and a member of the IATDG. My goal is to give entertaining, fun tours of New York City while imparting historic, scientific, architectural, natural, and other information during each tour. I’ve worked with school groups, seniors, organizations, travel agents and coach companies from all over. I enjoy those teachable ‘aha' moments when the customer leaps to a fuller understanding of the experience they’re having.
From USD 75 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.