University of California, San Diego (UC San Diego)
Virtually meet your local expert and guide Michiel Stavast to have an introduction to the University of California in San Diego, take a walk around in the campus area and ask all your questions on how to get around. On your tour, you can ask all your questions on how to get around, about the campus area, and great places to visit.
From San Diego
University Campus Tours
Upto 10 people
- Walk around the campus of the University of California, San Diego in this real-time experience
- Important information on getting around the campus and popular places to visit
- Insights into shopping, dining, and events in San Diego
Join our expert local guide on this online campus tour for a fulfilling virtual visit to the campus of the University of California, San Diego.
Founded in 1960, UC San Diego enrolled its first undergraduates in 1964. Nevertheless, the campus can trace its origins as far back as the late 1800s. UC San Diego is a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public institution that provides an opportunity for all. Recognized as one of the top fifteen research universities worldwide, a culture of collaboration sparks discoveries that advance society and drive economic impact. Our students are committed to public service. For the fifth consecutive year, UC San Diego has been ranked first in the nation based on research, civic engagement, and social mobility. We are one campus with multiple pillars of excellence, a top ten public university that is transforming lives, shaping new disciplines, and advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
Sixteen Nobel laureates have taught on campus. Other stellar faculty members have been awarded the National Medal of Science, Fields Medals, Pulitzer Prizes, MacArthur Fellowships, and many other honors, including a Tony Award and an Academy Award.
UC San Diego’s rich academic portfolio includes six undergraduate colleges, five academic divisions, and four graduate and professional schools. The university’s award-winning scholars are experts at the forefront of their fields with an impressive track record for achieving scientific, medical, and technological breakthroughs.
As a member of the ten-campus family of the University of California, UC San Diego is widely recognized for its faculty and for its wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs that lead to the bachelor’s, master’s, MBA, EdD, MD, Ph.D., and PharmD degrees.
As you walk around campus on this tour with our expert guide, you can ask questions on how to get around, about the campus area, and great places to visit. You will receive practical information on how to get to and from the campus and its closeness to popular beaches like La Jolla and Mission Bay. You will also get insights into shopping, dining, and popular events in San Diego.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- This tour involves walking and travelling to different places; at times the mobile network may be intermittent, and the picture may not be clear. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for USD 125 as a private tour and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am have been a tour guide for a long time now and have a passion for unlocking the secrets of a city or the hinterland. I have worked for more than 15 years as a tour manager for musicians traveling worldwide. In this job, I found a love for helping travelers discover new and unique experiences. I am Dutch; after moving to the United States, I worked for several travel brands guiding guests from all around the world on their adventure travel in North America. I have visited all 50 states in the US, nearly all Canadian and Mexican provinces, and many National Parks. I will have co-hosts for my campus tours.
From USD 125 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.