The Unusual Side Of Turin, Italy: The Sacred & The Profane
Walking tour live streamed that will allow you to discover one of the most important quarters of the city center, to retrace its history and to observe little-known details and views. The group of narrow and paved streets enclosed in the so-called Quadrilateral was once the castrum of the ancient Roman city Augusta Taurinorum; and still today it preserves the charm of an atmosphere of times gone by, among alleys, noble palaces, seventeenth-century churches and ancient traditions.
Upto 10 people
- See the Gallery Umberto I and learn about its past lives
- Visit the notorious site known as the Hangman's House
- Explore the Piazza IV Marzo, a reminder of Paris in the heart of Turin
The very first settlement at Turin was influenced by magical-religious factors, and since then, the mysterious and esoteric tradition of the city has continued to blend with its deep-rooted religious reality in unusual ways. This tour will take you between the sacred and the profane in the heart of the Roman Quadrilateral, the oldest part of Turin. Beginning in front of the Duomo at the Piazza San Giovanni, we will make our way to the grand Turin Cathedral. Passing by the Roman Gate into the city, we will visit the beautiful Gallery Umberto I, which once used to be the wing of a hospital. At Hangman's House, you will get to know some spooky stories, after which we will go into the light of the Consolata Shrine. Next, we will explore the hidden gem that is the Palazzo Barolo and then move on to admire the beautiful Palazzo Scaglia di Verruca. Also, see the Plaza Palazzo di Citta and the Piazza Corpus Domini before ending the tour at the very Parisian Piazza IV Marzo.
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves walking to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 75 EUR for a group of 3 or as a private tour for 125 EUR and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Ardena Caramello is currently a tour guide and leader in Piedmont. She signed up for this job since it combines my love for travel and art. She loves her job and the city of Turin and would love to show it to you through my eyes and experience. Being an avid traveller, she knows what a traveller would expect while visiting Turin. She will help you discover new and exciting places and make you feel at home.
Marco Manino was born and raised in Turin, where he attended the local university and graduated in Foreign Language and Literature. After other job careers, in 2011, he decided to work in Tourism, obtaining the professional qualification and licence of Accompagnatore Turistico in the same year and Guida Turistica in 2014.
He really loves his job and feels lucky to be able to do it because it allows him to relive his city every day, to discover something new about it, and to show people from every corner of the world, with different backgrounds, interests and sensibilities how wonderful, albeit underestimated his hometown is.
From USD 84 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.