Stroll Through The Iconic Landmarks Of Singapore's Civic District
This is a LIVE virtual walking tour of the historically rich Civic District of Singapore. Located in the city center, this one-hour tour will cover the story of Singapore from its founding in 1819 to the present day as a prominent global city of almost 6 million residents.
Upto 10 people
- Real-time experience streamed live from the beautiful Civic District of Singapore
- See sights of historical importance juxtaposed with its modern snazzy skyline
- Admire the Marina Bay, Esplanade and the famous Merlion fountain
- Interesting personal accounts and experiences by your local guide
Join me on a live-streamed, interactive walking tour in the historically rich Civic District of Singapore. This one-hour Online Experience will allow you to understand the story of Singapore, from its founding in 1819 to its present prominence as a global city of almost 6 million residents.
We will begin our tour with a walk down the banks of the Singapore River. Here, we will look at some cruise ships, and take some photos of the picturesque view - I know just the spot for it! Moving ahead, I will tell you about the colonial history of Singapore, alongside the role played in it by the British East India Company and the nutmeg spice. We will then witness the Scotland-made bridge located nearby, as well as the Fullerton Hotel, which used to be the biggest post office in Southeast Asia.
The next leg of our tour will take us to admire the National Museum and the Victoria Theatre -did you know that the latter is modelled after the famous St. Paul Cathedral in London? We will walk past the Art House, the old Parliament House, and the National Gallery, and make our way to an area where no buildings have been constructed since 1820! Here, behold the memorial to the Indian National Army, an Indian military wing that functioned in Southeast Asia during World War II and was particularly active in Singapore.
We will now walk into a contrasting space, full of high rises and glittering lights, to catch a glimpse of Marina Bay, the Art and Science Museum, Sky-Park, and the Convention Centre, and finally reach the Helix Bridge. From the bridge, we will admire the famous Merlion fountain and learn the story behind the name 'Singapore'. To end our tour, we will make our way to the magnificent Ferris wheel known as the 'Singapore Flyer' - the perfect place to say our goodbyes.
The tour is not a pedantic history lesson and neither is it just a sightseeing tour of key landmarks of Singapore! Rather it is a live, engaging walking tour that includes stories of her people and her multicultural and multi religious society, brought alive in the form of interesting personal accounts and experiences!
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 106 SGD for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 177 SGD for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Edwin Lim is an experienced government-licensed tourist guide in Singapore. In my 15-year experience, he has conducted and customized various tour itineraries to suit the needs of tourists from all walks of life.
The walk through the Civic District of Singapore is a key feature in his city tours as the district is historically rich in iconic landmarks and associated with interesting stories. A visit to Singapore is never complete without a tour of the Civic District.
If you are looking for a knowledgeable, personable host with a good sense of humor, then look no further. Join him on this Live Online Experience!
Corliss is a Singaporean tourist guide and was born and raised in a small humble family. She has been showing the beauty of Singapore to many wonderful tourists since 2019! Being an avid traveler, she has been to around 20 out of the 50 major cities in the world and has professional working experience in various industries. Corliss loves sharing information about Singapore, her homeland, with new people.
Suhail Jindran is a licensed, professional tourist guide by the Singapore Tourism Board “STB”. He is a finance and accounting graduate and holds a Diploma in Hotel Management. He has worked for several years in the hospitality industry. Six years ago, he took a sabbatical to follow his passion for traveling, history, war, art, food, culture, and technology. He loves to interact with his guests, and he loves good food and places, the history and the traditions of his home town Singapore so that visiting tourists can really feel the true sense of Singapore. He has worked in the hospitality industry for over two decades, so customer service is paramount to him As a tour guide, he had the privilege of handling celebrities, ministers, journalists, industrialists, and fun-loving people just like you and him.
From USD 82 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.