Stroll Through The Charming Streets Of Cadiz
It ́s a stroll through the main squares in the old town; city hall square; a medieval neighbourhood with the old cathedral.
Upto 10 people
English, German, Spanish
- Real-time experience streamed live from the carnival city of Cadiz
- Marvel at the Tavira Tower, Oratorio San Felipe Neri and the Main Cathedral
- Discover some secret gems and untold legends with your local guide
Join me on this exciting live-streamed Online Experience of Cadiz, one of the oldest cities in Western Europe best known as the "Carnival City of Spain." On our virtual walk through its charming narrow streets, we will cover over 3000 years of the city's history, sifting through the many legends surrounding its mythological origins and journeying through its evolution into a lively cultural hotspot in present-day Andalusia.
We will start at the Main Cathedral, where I will tell you about the unique cultural identity of Cadiz forged through the mingling footprints of several waves of invaders. Talking about the history of the city from the Phoenician period to the Roman Times, we will make our way to the Roman Theatre to admire its archaeological riches.
Next, marvel at the Puertadelas Rosas, and learn about the Arab legacy of Spain. As we head towards the City Hall square, I will tell you about the Spanish reconquest and the various sieges that Cadiz has witnessed throughout the ages.
Approaching Main Market Square, behold the Tavira Tower, which is the highest point in the city and serves as a fine watchtower and viewpoint. We will then walk by the Oratorio San Felipe Neri, the birthplace of Spanish democracy and admire the splendid Baroque architecture of the building. Here, I will also tell you about the Civil War and the Constitution of 1812, and how it has shaped the very being of the city. Together, we will also some secret places in the city that are known only to locals.
Finally, we will make our way to the Manuel Falla Theatre, the site where the beloved month long Carnival of Cadiz takes place every February. If we have time, the tour will finish at the Caleta beach, the only beach in the Old Town.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes before the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour for 75 EUR per screen or a private session for 125 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you worldwide. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Jesús Aníbal Suárez Gutiérrez
I am a 50-year-old native local guide in Cadiz, and have been leading doing tours since 1995. I am also credited by the regional government as an Official Andalusia tour guide, with license number 1321. I would love to share the beauty and stories of my hometown with you on an Online Experience.
From USD 81 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.