Stroll Around The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
This real-time streaming virtual tour revolves around Cape Town's oldest working harbour, its history and its numerous attractions. The dock, first used by the Dutch East India Company for trading and military purposes, developed further in the mid '800 under British rule after discovering gold and diamonds further up by the country.
From Cape Town
Upto 10 people
- Real-time experience streamed live from Cape Town, South Africa
- Stroll around Cape Town’s oldest harbour with its historical landmarks
- Gain Insight into City's history, tradition, food, and nature from a local tour guide
This real-time streaming virtual tour revolves around Cape Town's oldest working harbour, history, and numerous attractions. The dock, first used by the Dutch East India Company for trading and military purposes, developed further in the mid-1800s under British rule after gold and diamonds were discovered in the northern part of the country and after the numerous economic developments of Cape Town and South Africa.
Today, the V&A Waterfront is the most visited destination in South Africa, with over 80 restaurants, 450 shops, two markets, and 22 historical hubs. The harbour, which sizes to the equivalent of 80 Rugby fields, offers a cosmopolitan mix of experiences ranging from culture, shopping, food and drinks, and entertainment.
We will start our virtual tour from the latest development of V&A Waterfront: The Silo District where the old original Silo, originally constructed in 1927 and abandoned in 2001, has been renovated to the old splendour which now hosts the Zeitz Mocaa Museum, a modern award-winning museum of contemporary art and the super luxurious Silo Hotel. We will enjoy the beautiful view of Table Mountain, Lion’s head, and Signal hills. I will briefly touch on the discovery of gold & diamonds and the story behind the name of V&A Waterfront.
Then, I will take you through the second oldest lighthouse in South Africa, which is now a clock tower. After visiting the clock tower, I will attempt to show you some seals (please consider that the seals are not in captivity, so the viewing is not guaranteed).
We will unveil why Signal Hill played an important role for the Dutch and analyse an archaeological: the Chavannes Battery buried under a fishery time until a few years ago. Then, we will head to meet four significant South African freedom fighters and Nobel Prize Winners: we will see the statues of Albert Lutuli, Desmond Tutu, F. W. de Klerk, and Nelson Mandela. At last, we will end the tour with a stroll around the restaurants and the boats where we will be admiring the landscape with the panoramic wheel created for the Soccer World Cup in 2010.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 130 EUR for a group of 5 screens or a private session for 170 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a Certified Cape Town tour guide and extremely enthusiastic. I aim to showcase to travellers my love for South Africa, explaining its history, culture, food, and nature.
I have been involved in the international tourism industry for 25 years; I followed my father's steps as a hotel director and pursued an education in tourism and languages. In 2019, after 23 years and after covering several roles in this sector, I followed my passion for being with tourists, travelling, and learning about the country I passionately love: South Africa.
From USD 145 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.