See the Leaning Tower of Pisa at the Miracle Square
A tour to discover the most famous square in Italy, Piazza dei Miracoli. The square is the symbol of the economic and political power of the city of Pisa in the Middle Ages and is the center of Christianity of the city.
Upto 10 people
English, Italian, Spanish
- Behold the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa on this live streamed tour
- Walk around the Piazza dei Miracoli as you hear anecdotes and legends related to the square
- Marvel at the Cathedral of Pisa, admire the world's biggest baptistery and see the Campo Santo
Discover the most famous square in Italy, the famous Piazza dei Miracoli, known in English as the "Miracle Square". A symbol of the economic and political power of Pisa in the Middle Ages and an important centre for the development of Christianity, this area boasts of many awe-inspiring architectural and cultural attractions that are bound to take your breath away.
We will begin our exciting Online Experience at the original city walls of Pisa - considered the oldest in all of Europe - and make our way to our first destination within the Miracle Square: the Baptistery of San Giovanni. This is the world's largest baptistery and was built to exhibit a gorgeous architectural blend of Romanesque and Gothic styles in the year 1153. Located right opposite to this marvel is the 100-metre-long Cathedral of Pisa, an expression Romanesque-Pisan style, characterised with a strong Arab influence.
Next up, we will visit the Campo Santo or monumental cemetery, which is a veritable pantheon of Roman sarcophagi and medieval frescoes. Here, you will learn about its name and how it is inspired by the "holy land" within. This will be followed by a visit to the hospital of Santa Chiara, founded in 1256 and still active to this day.
Finally, we will make our way to the famous Bell Tower of the Assumption, better known as the Leaning Tower of Pisa. This inclined structure attracts millions of visitors every year that has rendered it one of the most recognisable symbols of Italy and a joy to explore.
From the Baptistery to the Leaning Tower, every attraction we see inside the Miracle Square has an interesting past. I will reveal it to you through some interesting details, anecdotes, and legends surrounding each site - such as the Nails of the Devil, the Column of Women, the Lizards of Fortune and the sacred inscription of Saint Michael. I hope your curiosity has been awakened, and look forward to seeing you soon!
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 75 EUR for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 125 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Alessandro Bargagna was born in Pisa, and his family has ancient origins here. He graduated in European Languages and specialised in Medieval Art, and is a theatre actor by training.
He started working as a tour guide in 2008 and loves his job. He likes to be with people, tell stories, and talk about the beauty of the wonderful city of Pisa. He feels fortunate because I have transformed his greatest passion into his profession.
Chiara Grassotti was born in Pisa and raised in a small town in the countryside, where she and her family owned a small farm. In 2013, she became a licensed Tour Guide in Pisa. One of the aspects she loves most about her job is leaving a never-ending impression of my city. She enjoys telling people stories about local saints, myths, and legends, which made Pisa's past glorious. Her motto is: each person we meet gives us a mission; if you accept it and believe it, you can change the world.
From USD 81 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.