Old Town Jerusalem: Visit the Wailing Wall, the Armenian Quarter, and more
Walking tour that starts in the center of Jerusalem by Jaffa gate. Explaining Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and the importance of reunifying the city's two sides. Continue via the gate into the old city. We will learn about the 4 quarters of the old city and the reasons for the way. Jerusalem became the holy city for the 3 monotheistic religions. Will continue via David citadel to the Armenian quarter. I will talk about the Armenian genocide during the first world war and today's situation. Arriving at the Jewish quarter and its important sites such as the 1st temple well, the Roman cardo, and the archaeological excavations.
Upto 10 people
- Real-time online experience live-streamed from the streets of Jerusalem
- Learn about the monotheistic religions as you walk through the Old City
- See the Roman Wall and Archaeological excavations at the Jewish quarter
- Get up close to the holy Western Wall with an opportunity to pay your respects
Our live-streamed walking tour will start at the centre of Jerusalem by the Gaffa Gate. As we walk into the Old City, I will tell you more about Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and what importance the reunification of the two sides of the city holds for us. You will also get to know about the four quarters of the Old City and the reason why Jerusalem became the holy city for the three great monotheistic religions. We will make our way via the David Citadel to the Armenian Quarter, where we will discuss the Armenian genocide during the first world war and the situation today.
Arriving at the Jewish quarter, we will see its important sites including the First Temple Well, the Roman Cardo and the archaeological excavations. Continuing to the Western Wall, I will tell you about its significance for the Jewish people. En-route we will soak-in the panoramic views of the Mount of Olives and Temple Mount. Upon reaching the wall, you can have a closer look and see people praying as well as the pieces of paper which devotees have slid in between the stones. We will end our experience on a holy note as we pray and send prayers from the site for blessings of peace, prosperity and health to the world!
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- You can book this tour for 100 USD for a group of 3 or a private tour for 150 USD and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimise such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Rafael-Rafi Rozanes was born in Jerusalem and has lived in the city since then. He has been a licensed tour guide for more than 30 years. He loves interacting with visitors from all over the world and showing them around.
Raanan Boral has been a tour guide on and off since the early 1980s. When off, he worked in nature conservation and environmental administration. Raanan, in his tours, combines a variety of disciplines – history, politics, art, and music – to make the tour a unique experience.
David Ha'ivri is a Jewish man who loves the land and people of Israel. For over 15 years, David led strategic and geopolitical VIP tours in Israel for influencers worldwide and from all types of backgrounds, religions, and political schools of thought. At some point, it dawned on him that his passion was tourism, the land of Israel, and sharing its amazing history and beauty with his friends. To turn that passion into a profession, he enrolled in the Yad Yitzchak Ben Tzvi Tour Guide school and has become a licensed Israel tour guide.
Ofer Moghadam is a licensed Tour Guide for Israel. He has a gift for inspiring guests with his fascination for the history and the people of Jerusalem and Israel. Ofer specializes in adventurous and eye-opening Jerusalem Day Tours for small groups, families, and individuals. His tours are always 100% custom-made, thereby making sure that your trip to Israel turns from "just a visit" into a truly unique experience. The topics of his Day Tours range from history and religion to politics and food.
NIcely explained the Jerulsalem Tour.All historical places shown along with the facts
Raanan had guided very well and could feel the knowledge he have on the City and its history
Perfectly explained and guided by Ranaan! Super enjoyed
My mother and I went for a lovely virtual walking tour of Old Jerusalem with Rafael. He gave us an overview of the area and its history, brought the camera close to see details of the signage and textures of the buildings and walls. He made us laugh and smile, asked us questions and made the experience interactive. It felt as though we walked through the space with him and enjoyed the warm weather (it is cold where we are).
From USD 100 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.