Old Town and culture of Taipei
Taipei is not in lockdown now, and you can have a look at our life at the moment and plan your next trip to Taiwan. The live walking tour starts from the 280 years old temple. Get to know about the Tao religion and how we talk to God. l will also walk inside the temple and give you a closer look at what people do in the temple. Then, we will visit the local herb store, and I will show you how we drink herb tea to keep ourselves healthy.
Upto 3 people
- Visit the Longshan Temple and learn about Tao Religion in this real-time session streamed live from Taipei
- Introduction to Taiwanese culture and different varieties of street food in a traditional food market
- Visit a local herb store to learn about the various health benefits of herbal tea, a major part of the local lifestyle
Let's start our live-streamed Taipei tour from the Longshan Temple, a 280-year-old temple, where I will introduce you to the Tao religion's philosophy. I will walk inside the temple to take a closer look at the prayers the locals offer.
We will proceed to the local traditional market to peek into different varieties of street food. Learn about Taiwanese culture through our street food, which is a major part of our lives.
Then, we will visit the local herb store, and I will show you how we drink herbal tea to keep ourselves healthy. You can ask any questions and maybe start planning your next trip to Taiwan soon.
About this experience
- Live, online tour to a Tao temple and traditional food market, both important places for Taipei locals
- Interactive "walk as you talk" session with a professional Taipei tour guide who will give you insights into the local culture, lifestyle, and traditions
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Since this tour involves walking to various places in the city, the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- This is an interactive session. Please feel free to have your video on. At the end of the session, there will be time to ask questions
- You can book this tour for 75 USD for a group of 3 screens or a private tour for 125 USD and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world.
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I was born and raised in Taipei. I love interacting with local people when travelling, and getting some recommendations about where to eat and where to have fun. When I travel to a new city, I try to find the best-hidden gems to get lost in and most of the time it is a good way to see a different side of the city. Let me help you in the same way to find the best parts of my vibrant city.
We thoroughly enjoyed our virtual tour of Taiwan. Our host, Daphne Tsai, gave us a wonderful tour of the beautiful Longsham temple in Taiwan. She then introduced us to all the quirky and cool aspects of Taiwan, such as its herb market and vibrant night market. Taiwan has a very unique and vibrant culture, and our host graciously made us feel at ease and answered all our questions. We truly felt as if we were standing right next to her while she took us on the tour! After this excellent experience, we shall surely visit Taiwan sometime in the future.
From USD 75 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.