Marvel At The Tainan Confucius Temple
We will bring you to central-west District in Tainan city. Visiting the oldest Confucious temple in Taiwan. We will be talking about history, culture, and architecture, as well as interesting objects in and around this temple.
Upto 10 people
English, French, Mandarin
- Real-time experience streamed live from the Tainan Confucius Temple
- Admire the stone carvings and lion statues on the main entrance of the temple
- See the facade of the Literature Museum
Temples of Confucius are not the only places to worship the most famous teacher in Chinese history. In the past, they have served as schools for children and the place where the imperial examinations were held for intellectuals to secure official positions. The Confucius Temple in Tainan has a history of more than 350 years and was the first of its kind in Taiwan. Join me on this live-streamed Online Experience, and we will uncover its rich history and cultural significance together.
We will begin our tour from the streets of Tainan city and walk over to admire the facade of the Tainan Literature Museum. Next, we will walk towards the biggest roundabout in the city, and I will show the current fire department, which used to be a research building and the tallest tower in Tainan in the early 1900s. Finally, making our way to the Confucius Temple, we will look at the pagoda of the Taoist God.
I will show you some impressive stone carvings and lion statues at the main entrance. We will see the draining hole dragon and traditional musical instruments on display and explore the school attached to the temple. After admiring the stone tablets with a map of the temple area and understanding some recording history, we will visit the stone gate that was earlier in front of the temple but was shifted across the street to make space for the road. As we admire this magnificent gate, I will tell you stories behind the strange appearance of our statues of lions - the perfect cultural fact to take home with you at the end of the tour.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes before the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour for 75 USD for a group of 3 screens or a private session for 125 USD for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a local Taiwanese and I have spent most of my life in this city. I am a member of the Tainan tour guide association, guiding since 2015, and have received training in history, architecture, culture, and religion. I have graduated from National Taiwan University and studied for one year in Avignon, France.
I would love to show you around the many wonders of Tainan.
From USD 75 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.