Marvel at the splendour of the Taj Mahal
In this tour, I will tell you more about incredible India and my beautiful city Agra. You will have a chance to learn about the Mughal empire and one of the great kings, Shah Jahan, who constructed the Taj mahal. The Taj Mahal is a symbol of love. The Taj Mahal is one of the world's wonders and most beautiful monuments, made entirely of white marble. I will give you a virtual tour of Tajmahal and will tell you the interesting stories of how a king fell in love with one of the beautiful girls and how much he loved her even after her death, and why he constructed Tajmahal for his beloved wife as a precedent of their love. Its architecture is amazing. It is Indo - Islamic - Persian architecture.
Upto 10 people
- Live, online experience streamed from Agra
- Learn about the interesting Indo Islamic Persian architecture of Taj Mahal
- Interesting legends and anecdotes, some funny some sad narrated by your local guide
Visit one of the most famous seven wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal, live-streamed to you from its white marble surrounds on this exhilarating interactive Online Experience. We will walk around and see the monument from various angles to appreciate its architecture and intricate carvings that are unparalleled even today! The intricate planning behind creating such a structure was fantastic; for instance, did you know that the four pillars surrounding the main dome lean outwards, and do you know why?
During our tour, I will share interesting stories and legends to give you a complete background of the Taj Mahal. You will learn about the Mughal Empire, whose antecedents influenced the architectural style of their times. Shah Jahan, one of the great emperors of this dynasty, commissioned the Taj Mahal as an expression of his undying love for his wife! I will tell you more about incredible India and the beautiful city of Agra, which was, in its time, the bastion of the Mughal Empire. Many interesting myths surround this monument, and you will learn which ones are true and which are not!
About this experience
Know before you go
- This tour involves walking and travelling to different places; at times, the mobile network may be intermittent, and the picture may not be clear. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 40 USD for a group of 3 people or a private tour for 90 USD and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a history scholar and a licensed tour guide approved by the Ministry of Tourism. I have been working as a tour guide for 10 years. I have welcomed thousands of international tourists including celebrities and delegations to my country.
I am well-read in history, culture, architecture, current affairs, economics, myths & mysteries and local food scene. I take a keen interest in world history and therefore I can help you in establishing a true picture of India with respect to the world. It would be my pleasure to be your tour guide on this Online Experience from Agra.
I had a great time! I learned a lot from my guide and am going to read more on my own. I will definitely use TourHQ again.
Overall good connection. Guide was very informative and gave a lot of insight into the history of the Taj Mahal. Enjoyed the tour very much.
Our virtual tour of the Taj Mahal was great. Our guide, Shahe Kaleem, was friendly and knowledgeable. He gave us context and history, showed us the gardens and fountains and other buildings, then gave us a close-up walk around the walls of the beautiful Taj Mahal building itself. Video cannot capture the detail or colors from far away but he zoomed in or walked close enough that we could see the stones and colors and flower details perfectly. He was also very patient when the other tourist on our visit had trouble hearing (her hearing aid wasn’t working well). One day we hope to see it in person, but this was a wonderful next-best way to go on a trip from our living rooms.
From USD 40 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.