Learn about the Costa Rican Vanilla
Get to know Vanilla, the only orchid that produces edible fruits, as well as one of the most expensive spices on the planet. Immerse yourself in a cultural trip, where you will get to know this incredible plant, some of its uses, its historical, economic, and cultural value!
Upto 10 people
- Learn some tips on how to prepare the essence from the plant using one of the most traditional methods as the expert shares with you some of its uses, and cultural value
- Get to know all about the plant and get some recommendations on how to grow it at your home and use it in local cuisine
Get to know Vanilla, the only orchid that produces edible fruits and one of the most expensive spices on the planet. You will get to know this incredible plant, some of its uses, and its historical, economic, and cultural value.
The session will start with a general description of the plant, some of its uses, and how to grow it in a garden. Learn some tips on preparing the essence from the plant, using one of the most traditional methods but simultaneously extremely effective and simple. Get some recommendations on how to use vanilla in the local cuisine.
About this experience
- Live and real-time interactive session with a Costa Rica local
- Get introduced to a repertoire of medicinal plants that can be easily grown in your garden
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in on the zoom app five minutes before the scheduled time.
- You can book this tour for USD 75 for a group of 3 screens or a private session for USD 125 for upto 10 screens and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot.
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I provide information about, history, culture, identification of species of flora and fauna, political, economic, and social situation of Costa Rica. I have hosted all kinds of tourists including bird lovers, primary and secondary students as well as university students, families, celebrities, and scientists. I am certified by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute to be a Tour Guide, graduated from the University of Costa Rica, and National State Distance University with a Bachelor in Ecological Tourism and Master’s degree in Teaching us well.
From USD 75 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.