Explore the Royal Alcázar of Seville
A guided tour inside the Royal Alcázar of Seville, The oldest Royal Palace in Europe still in use. with lots of historical events that have helped shape Spanish History and heritage.
1 Hour 30 Minutes
Upto 3 people
English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Real-time experience live-streamed from the Royal Alcázar of Seville
- Marvel at the magnificent architecture with your licensed tour guide
- Gain insights into the significance of the palace in Spanish history and in the eyes of the Spanish royalty
This guided online experience will take you inside the Royal Alcázar of Seville, the oldest Royal Palace in Europe, still in use! It was built by the Muslims from Damascus in the 10th Century and has been the residence of Spanish kings ever since. Even today, the palace serves as the Spanish Royalty's residence during their visit to Seville.
The palace has been a witness to a multitude of historical events that shaped Spanish history and heritage. The complex is vast, covering an area of 9 hectares and was completed in different phases. We will walk you through its most spectacular sections, with explanations and interesting anecdotes behind the magnificent architecture. For instance, did you know that the word "Alcazar" is not Arabic but is derived from the Latin word Castra Castoreum, which means palace? The Arabs added "Al" as a prefix to make "Al Castra". It later came to be known as “Alqsar” and finally “Alcazar,” which means a fortified palace'.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves walking to various places, at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimise such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 75 EUR for a group of 3 or a private tour for 125 EUR and invite up to 10 friends and family to join this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Fátima Elena Carlos
FATIMA is an official guide of Seville since 1986. She studied in the tourism school for three years and passed exams in English and French; later, she studied German and Japanese in both countries. She has been guiding for more than 20 years and loves meeting new people.
CARLOS has a bachelor's degree in history and Anthropology from the University of Seville. He is a creative entrepreneur and Official licensed tour guide for more than ten years. He is fluent in English and Italian and more than ready to welcome you.
ELENA lives and loves the beautiful city of Sevilla. She has been working as a local guide for more than 20 years. She loves meeting new people every day and showing them her city.
This tour will mostly be done by Fatima. However, when she is unavailable; her colleagues, Carlos and Elena who are both licensed guides, will be hosting the tour. The 3 of them are colleagues and friends who work together.
From USD 83 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.