Explore The Medieval district of Salerno
A virtual tour through one of the most interesting towns of Campania Region. We will visit the Medieval district, full of narrow lanes, churches and period buildings. Along "Via dei Mercanti", the heart of the town, you will discover shops with handcrafts and typical products, traditional restaurants and pretty coffee bars, San Pietro a Corte Complex, the most ancient monument of Salerno, the head-quartier of the Lombards court in Campania, built on the ruins of a Roman Baths. And finally we will arrive to the Cathedral, founded in the 1079 and dedicated to Saint Matthew. It is one of the most evocative examples of Medieval architecture of Southern Italy. It has an amazing crypt, decorated in Baroque style, containing the remains of the Saint.
Upto 10 people
English, Italian, Spanish
- Real-time experience streamed live from the historical center of Salerno
- Discover the medieval district, full of narrow lanes, churches and period buildings
- Walkthrough San Pietro a Corte Complex, the most ancient monument of Salerno
- Admire the Cathedral, founded in 1079 and was dedicated to Saint Matthew
Let's take a virtual walk around one of the most attractive towns in the Campania Region. We will begin our tour by visiting the Medieval district, full of narrow lanes, churches and period buildings. After that, we will walk through "Via dei Mercanti", the heart of the town, where you will get to discover various shops, full of handicrafts and typical products, traditional restaurants and also a pretty coffee bar.
We will move on to San Pietro, a Corte Complex, the most ancient monument of Salerno, and the head-quarter of the Lombard court in Campania, which was built on the ruins of a Roman Bath.
Finally, we will arrive at the Cathedral, which was found in 1079, as a dedication to Saint Matthew. It is considered one of the most evocative examples of Medieval architecture of Southern Italy, which has an amazing crypt, decorated in Baroque style and the remains of the Saint have been preserved till today.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 77 EUR for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 128 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a local guide of the Campania region in Italy. I was born and brought up in Salerno, Southern Italy, close to the Amalfi Coast. I have completed my graduation in Foreign Languages and did a Master Degree in History of Art and Cultural Heritage. I have been doing this job with passion since 2014. Let us together discover the beauties of my land on a virtual tour!
From USD 86 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.