Explore The Iconic Landmarks Of Buenos Aires
We will travel back in time to find out how the aristocratic families of Buenos Aires lived in the earlies 1900s. We will walk around San Martin Square, in the Retiro neighbourhood, and we will show you important and elegant houses, we will wall along the square and its beautiful park.
From Buenos Aires
Upto 10 people
English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Real-time experience streamed live from the City of Buenos Aires
- Stroll around the Plaza San Martin, located in the Retiro neighbourhood
- Admire the Torre Monumental (Monumental Tower) occupies the center of the park
- Be marvelled at the beautiful Basilica of the Blessed Sacrament
We will begin our real-time walking tour in front of the San Martin Palace, which is acquired by the Argentine government in 1936 and became the headquarters for the Ministry of Foreign Relations. Then, we will stroll around the Plaza San Martin, located in the Retiro neighbourhood in downtown Buenos Aires, one of the city's oldest squares and was the site of several historical events. As well as containing examples of several native and foreign trees, the square contains several important monuments and sculptures.
On one side of the park are elegant buildings. Florida Street, a popular shopping strip, begins at the other entrance. The square is home to a tall 19th-century monument of a former military general and a memorial of the Falklands War. Walk along the well-maintained grass in the park and admire the colourful flowerbeds. Find the statue of General San Martin, from whom the park takes its name. French sculptor Louis-Joseph Daumas created the sculpture in the 19th century.
Admire the Torre Monumental (Monumental Tower) occupies the center of the park. The red-and-white structure has a large clock and spire. It was originally called the Torre de los Ingleses (English Tower) as it was a gift from the English community in Buenos Aires in 1810. However, after the Falklands War in 1982, it was renamed.
And finally, we will visit the Basilica of the Blessed Sacrament; it has a central nave and two aisles, equipped with spires built in an eclectic mixture of neo-Romanesque and neo-Gothic styles. The church, perhaps the most luxurious in whole Buenos Aires, was often chosen by the Argentinian upper class to celebrate their weddings.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 50 USD for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 100 USD for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
I am a tour guide of Buenos Aires City with more than 15 years of experience. I am in love with the history, architecture and landscapes of the city. I like to ride my bike and go through its streets and parks to discover new corners, places, and cosy coffee shops and bars.
I invite you for a walk with me and chat about its anecdotes, characters and stories on this Online Experience.
From USD 50 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.