Explore the Historical Sites of Kamnik
The God's Grave in the Franciscan monastery in Kamnik is one of the best works of the great Slovenian architect Jože Plečnik. On this Online Experience, you will get the opportunity to admire it.
Upto 10 people
- Real-time experience streamed live from the beautiful hilly town of Kamnik
- Mark the influence of historical figures like Jože Plečnik, General Rudolf Maister, and Josip Broz Tito
- Hear famous local legends, anecdotes and stories from an experienced local guide
The God's Grave in the Franciscan monastery in Kamnik is one of the best works of the great Slovenian architect Jože Plečnik. On this Online Experience, you will get the opportunity to admire this beautiful piece of work that is on the UNESCO world heritage suggested list. I will also show you some of the oldest books written in the Slovenian language, Jurij Dalmatin's Holy Bible from the year 1584, and even the older Incunabulas from 1450, all from the comfort of your own home!
Along our way, we will see a sculpture dedicated to the famous Slovenian warrior, poet, and politician General Rudolf Maister, who was born here, and we will even see his birthplace. We will then climb to the top of the Small Castle hill to enjoy a gorgeous panoramic view of Kamnik. It is here that you will listen to the legend of a young countess, Veronica, who was punished by being turned into a half-snake - half woman.
Kamnik's recent history is as engaging as that dating back to the middle ages: about a hundred years ago, communist revolutionary and former president of Yugoslavia, Josip Broz Tito worked in a factory in this very city! You will get some intriguing insights into his life, and also visit the site he spent his time in.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes before the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour for 60 EUR for a group of 3 screens or a private session for 110 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Dragan Bekcic has been a licenced tourist guide for the past 26 years. He was born near Kamnik and loves this city. He worked in many European countries as a tour leader or tour escort, but his basics are local guiding in my country. My passion is the spoken word, and he loves architect Joseph Plečnik's works.
As a Historian of Art and a Sociologist of Culture, Elena Cretnik has organized and guided students' study trips and art-historical excursions around Slovenia and abroad. She has lived and guided one-day trips and excursions for international guests in Crete, Greece, for a decade. As a professional, passionate, expert guide, she offers highly personalised experiences with a real feeling - leisurely pace - relaxed itineraries - local experience - culinary adventures - attention to detail. On her sLOVEnia tours, you will truly experience all that Slovenia offers. You will fall in love with this enchanting country.
From USD 67 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.