Explore The Ancient Roman City Of Pompeii
Pompeii was an ancient Roman city. It was completely buried during a devastating eruption from Mt Vesuvius almost 2,000 years ago.
Upto 10 people
English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Real-time experience streamed live from Pompeii
- Admire the Roman theatres and the main streets of the town, with their shops and houses
- Visit the Forum (main square), with its commercial, religious and political buildings
Pompeii was an ancient Roman city. It was completely buried during a devastating eruption from Mount Vesuvius almost 2,000 years ago. The city was found in the 18th century, and archaeologists are still working on the excavations. Today, Pompeii is considered the best-preserved Roman city in the world.
On this real-time streaming Online Experience, we will explore the two theatres, the town's main streets, with their shops and houses. The Forum (main square), with its commercial, religious and political buildings, such as the Markets, the City Hall, the Temples and the Basilica (old Court House), and a private mansion, with its original decorations, such as wall paintings and marble mosaics. During this virtual tour, I will be showing you some of the finest places, and you will be impressed to see how everything looks so incredibly preserved in the 21st century.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- You can book this tour either for 100 EUR for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 150 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Carmine Volpe is a professional tour guide, and he has been working in Pompeii since 2004. He has a degree in foreign languages and an Official License to give tours all over Italy. He has a great passion for Pompeii, as it is his city of birth, and he like showing the beauty of this place to people from all over.
Pina Capobianco was born and brought up in Naples and graduated in art history with the highest grades. She has been a licensed tour guide since 2004 and working in the tourist incoming and practicing tourist promotion for over 20 years. Her tours are characterized by professionalism, competence, and a great smile.
Linda Guadagnuolo is an expert local guide. She ensures her tours are carried out in a fun and relaxed way, suitable for kids and adults. She follows the needs of her guests with a tailor-made experience.
Marina Minniti is a professional tour guide and museum educator. Her studies focus on Art History, but she has a big passion for foreign languages, too. The history of my city fascinated her since a young age, and becoming a tour guide was a dream for her. During her university studies, Marina was able to do different Erasmus experiences in Europe, which made heran open-minded person and allowed her to explore different cultures. Museums are Marina's biggest passion!
It was a good virtual experience, i like it a lot . Also my all queries were answered and now watching "Eruption Of Mt Vesuvius 1944" ..Thanks, Camerine
The guide was a very good, spoke very clearly and was very informative. He answered all our questions. We had a range of ages on the tour from 10 to 70 and kept everyone engaged. It was nearly as good as being there.
Carmine was an amazing guide. He is so knowledgeable and engaging in his tour and we all learned so much. Thank you!!
From USD 112 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.