Explore Ashkelon National Park (Part I): Breathtaking Mediterranean Views and Interesting Findings
Even if you have never heard of or been to a small town, Ashkelon, south of Israel, believe it or not, you know of it. You must have read about it in the Bible, you could have heard about it in Roman mythology, and you most probably have it in your kitchen in a way. Are you intrigued? Then, join me for a series of walks along Ashkelon National Park.
Upto 10 people
- Marvel at the gorgeous views of the Mediterranean Sea
- Learn about the recent archaeological digs made in the area
Ashkelon is a picturesque coastal city located on Via Maris, an ancient trade route dating from the early Bronze Age and linking Egypt with the northern empires of Syria, Anatolia, and Mesopotamia. It is believed that the first settlement on the site of the current city dates back to five thousand years ago, which makes Ashkelon one of the oldest cities on our planet. Just to compare, the estimated age of Jerusalem is around 3,500 years. The Canaanites, Egyptians, Philistines, Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Crusaders, Mamelukes, Britishers, and the Israelites... Ashkelon's location, plentiful water resources, and fertile soil account for its prominence and immense interest in it from these many people and civilizations through the ages. In part one of the tour, I'm taking you for a walk through the Canaanite City Gate, the most ancient arched gate in the world (1950 BCE). We'll learn its history, see the unique mosaic, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. We'll also learn about the groundbreaking findings made during the recent archaeological digs.
- Please have a good internet connection and the Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes before the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 100 USD for a group of 3 screens or a private session for 150 USD for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
With four years of guiding experience in the past, I have moved to Ashkelon and keep exploring this cozy nook in the south of Israel. Join me to learn the awesome history of this five-thousand-year-old city, hear some jaw-dropping stories, know about sensational archeological discoveries and see the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
From USD 100 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.