Discover Annecy, 'The Little Venice Of The Alpes'
Welcome to Annecy for a historical and descriptive experience back to the past! The tour starts with the Castle built in the 13th century in the days of the counts of Geneva. Then the tiny narrow streets of the medieval town lead us to the channels, hence the little Venice of the French Alpes.
Upto 10 people
English, French, Spanish
- Real-time experience streamed live from the beautiful old town of Annecy
- Admire the medieval castle built on the top of a hill which is overlooking the city
- Explore the oldest buildings of Annecy dating back to the 12th century, housing the old jails and prisoner’s stories
Annecy, the little Venice of the Alpes, is welcoming you! After the one-hour tour, this picturesque and colourful city will have no more secrets for you!
We will start our real-time streaming virtual tour from the medieval castle built on the top of a hill which is overlooking the city and gives an eye on the surroundings. Going down, let’s have a look at the amazing scenery opened on the tile rooves of the old town medieval houses.
Once downtown, you will follow the river for a while. Its natural stream gave birth to the city, with many activities, such as the sword industry. Did you know swords of Annecy were sold throughout Alpes Mountains to Italy and France? Today, the banks of the 19th century make it the place to be when you are in Annecy for the first time, like the Champs Elysees Avenue! Of course, we can’t miss the oldest building of Annecy dating back to the 12th century, housing the old jails and prisoner’s stories!
But Annecy also has hidden places: covered passageways. Originally leading through houses’ courtyards, resistance fighters escaped while tracked by Nazis. Today, they are helpful shortcuts while the city is busy! I love them because you feel like you are in a time machine.
In conclusion, let me show you an amazing overview of the lake!
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves traveling to various places, and at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 75 EUR for a group of 3 screens OR as a private session for 150 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Aude Thierrin, a professional tour guide. Guiding in Paris and its surroundings (Louvre museum, Loire Valley, Landing Beaches) for almost 15 years. She lives in Annecy and is glad to allow you to discover this charming, picturesque city, nicknamed the Venice of the French Alpes. On this virtual tour to Annecy, she will talk about the history and architecture, economy, gastronomy, way of life, etc. While “walking” together through the city, She will do her best to make you travel through the past!
Emilie Bissardon has been a professional guide in Geneva since 2009. She studied at the University of Geneva for the Certificate of Advanced Studies "Patrimoine et Tourisme". She works with the tourist office of Geneva and the museum of the Martin Bodmer Foundation. She is passionate about the history of Geneva. It's so rich that there's always more to discover, and she loves that! She also appreciates the melting pot of cultures from around the world in a human-scale city where you can do everything on foot and go from the lake to the historical center to a park in a flash.
From USD 84 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.