Cruise to the End of the World from Ushuaia
We will start the exploration from the touristic pier of the city, navigating towards Ushuaia Bay, where the Yamana natives used to live. As we start leaving the city behind to get into the Beagle Channel, we can behold the perfect view of Ushuaia, the prison, and the factory zone. Along the way, we can appreciate the Andes and the highest mountain of Ushuaia, the Olivia.
1 Hour 45 Minutes
Upto 10 people
English, French, Spanish
- Real-time experience streamed live from on board a boat in Ushuaia Bay
- Observe a colony of sea lions on Sea Lions' Island and spot several sea birds with your local guide
- See the Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse, famously known as the 'Lighthouse at the End of the World'
Have you ever thought about navigating the cold waters of the Beagle Channel?
Join me in this Online Experience to pacify your curiosity. We will start the exploration from the touristic pier of the city, navigating towards Ushuaia Bay, where the Yamana natives once used to live. As we start leaving the city behind to get into the Beagle Channel, we will behold the perfect view of Ushuaia, the prison, and the factory zone. Along the way, we can appreciate the Andes range and the highest mountain of Ushuaia, the Olivia, standing only 1400 metres above sea level.
Later on, we will stop at the Birds' Island to admire a large colony of imperial cormorants, seagulls, petrels, and many others. I will help you spot different sea birds during the navigation, like albatross, penguins, South American terns, Snowy Sheathbills, and sometimes we can even see whales!
Our next stop will be the Sea Lion Island, where we can observe a colony of South American sea lions, residents of the Beagle Channel, and more imperial or rocky cormorants.
Going further along our way, we will reach Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse, which indicates our arrival at Ushuaia Bay. The lighthouse is a symbol of the city and is known as 'the Lighthouse at the End of the World.' Here, we will pause for some time to appreciate this wonderful panorama; then, we will set out for our return to Ushuaia.
About this experience
- Please have a good internet connection and Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes prior to the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, at times the internet connection may be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions (only for outdoor tours)
- You can book this tour either for 100 USD for a group of 4 OR as a private session for 150 USD for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Maria Florencia Salamanca
I am a national tour guide in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world since more than 16 years. I was born in Buenos Aires, and when I graduated as a national tour guide, I found my first job in Ushuaia 3000 km away from home!
Tourism is my passion; I love travelling, learning from other cultures, meeting people from different countries and most of all, I really love speaking foreign languages. I am studying my 5th language now a days! I am passionate about nature and history, and am lucky to be in a place like this where nature is all around!
Our guide, Flor, made a terrific virtual experience for us. She was punctual and so was the ship's departure. We had good Internet connectivity the entire time and Flor was really good at making sure our questions about the birds and geography were addressed. This was our first TourHQ experience but we'll be back!
Very nice tour! We all enjoyed it!!!
From USD 100 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.