Carobis, Vibrant Houses, and Panoramic Views: Lerici, Italy
Lerici is one of the most famous villages in the Gulf of Poets; it's mostly known for its incredible view of the Gulf’s beloved sunsets and the impressive ancient castle that overlooks the town. The old town is rich in beautiful coloured tower houses and famous Ligurian narrow alleys known as “carobi”. Another fundamental trait of Lerici is found in the very intriguing history of the village.
From La Spezia
Upto 10 people
- Marvel at the colourful houses as you make your way through the carobis
- Admire the panoramic view of the three islands of the Gulf of Poets, Portovenere and San Terenzo
- See the medieval church of San Lorenzo
Lerici is one of the most famous villages in the Gulf of Poets; it's mostly known for its incredible view of the Gulf's beloved sunsets and the impressive ancient castle that overlooks the town. The old town is rich in beautiful coloured tower houses and famous Ligurian narrow alleys known as "carobi". Another fundamental trait of Lerici is found in the very intriguing history of the village. We will start from a panoramic terrace that overlooks the roofs of the coloured tower houses and gives us a glimpse of the beautiful town of Lerici. We will then reach the highest part of the historic town known as "Poggio", literally "top of the hill", and we will then see the beautiful and unforgettable medieval castle of Lerici with its stunning terrace looking at both the Gulf of La Spezia and the bay of Maralunga. We will go downtown, passing through the great passages among the historically coloured tower houses known as "carobi" or "carugi". Once we arrive in the central Garibaldi square, we will also have the chance to see the medieval church of San Rocco. We will soon go towards the most ancient part of the town, built in 1241 by the maritime republic of Pisa, the Jewish ghetto and the lovely Mottino square. Here we will experience an unforgettable view of the old town, and we will be endlessly fascinated by the beauty of its traditional walks. Passing through the centre, we will also meet several shops where it may be possible to observe several local products, from local oil productions to focaccia and pesto. By the end, we will reach the "marina" of Lerici, the dock and a terrace with a stunning panoramic view of the three islands of the Gulf of Poets, Portovenere and San Terenzo, the town closest to Lerici, where from a distance it's possible to observe the magical Villa Magna, that once was home to the English romantic poet Percy Shelley, that along with his colleague and friend Lord Byron grew very passionate about the territory of Lerici and wrote hauntingly beautiful poems about it, to the point that nowadays he still represents the main reason why the Gulf of La Spezia is known in fact as Gulf of the Poets.
- Please have a good internet connection and the Zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- The instructions to join the meeting will be sent via email shortly after the booking
Know before you go
- Please sign in to the Zoom app five minutes before the beginning of the experience
- This tour involves travelling to various places, and the internet connection may sometimes be weak. However, we will attempt to minimize such disruptions
- You can book this tour for 75 EUR for a group of 3 screens or a private session for 125 EUR for up to 10 screens joining this activity with you from all over the world. You will see the option to book this experience as a private tour on the checkout page if it is available for that time slot
- Since these are live tours, they may be subject to last minute cancellation due to inclement weather, Internet disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Meet your Host
Duna Illiano is an official guide of the Cinque Terre National Park and an environmental interpretive guide. She loves to show the beauty of her land to visitors and is so lucky to be able to do that professionally! She works as a freelancer and with major cruise ship companies. A tour with her combines love, enthusiasm, and sensory stimulation of all five senses!
Elisa Calvo is a licensed tour guide from Liguria, and she usually covers the 5 Terre beautiful towns and the gorgeous Gulf of the Poets. She loves sharing interesting information about this incredible area's traditions, history, culture, and nature. She works as a freelancer for several national and international tour operators and companies.
From USD 84 / Group
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.