3-Day Samburu National Reserve Safari Tour From Nairobi
Visit Samburu National Reserve, one of Kenya’s unique wildlife parks home to rare species and herds of elephants. Comparatively, smaller than other famous parks, it is easier to spot the leopard and big cats. Go on game drives and see wild animals like lions, leopards, elephants, and more!
- Enjoy game drives through Samburu National Reserve
- Spot the Northern 5 - Gerenuk, Oryx, Reticulated Giraffe, Grévy's Zebra & Desert Warthog
- Explore Samburu Tribal Village
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Nairobi to Samburu National Park expand_more
- Pick up in the morning, from Nairobi.
- Drive via Central Highlands and the slopes of Mount Kenya to Samburu National Reserve – one of Kenya’s most popular destinations in the northern safari circuit.
- Reach your lodge/camp in time for lunch.
- Have lunch and relax for some time.
- Head out for your first game drive in the park. The reserve is best known for rare species like the long-necked gerenuk, Grévy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, and Beisa onyx. Cheetahs, lions, elephants, buffalo, and hippos could also be spotted. You might even be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the elusive leopard in the evening.
Overnight stay at Samburu National Reserve. T
Day 2: Safari in Samburu expand_more
Set out to explore the Savannah grasslands of the reserve.
Enjoy a game drive for the whole day, spot the Northern Five - Gerenuk, Oryx, Reticulated Giraffe, Grévy's zebra, and desert warthog. Uaso Nyiro River cuts through the park and is a hub for the animals, where huge Nile Crocodiles lie waiting for prey. Boasting 350 different species, including vultures, kingfishers, marabous, bateleurs, guinea fowl, Somali ostriches, the reserve has abundant birdlife.
Choose to visit the Samburu tribal villages in and around the park and learn about their culture.
Return to camp/lodge for overnight stay.
Day 3: Return to Nairobi expand_more
Go on a game drive before sunrise to spot the big cats and predators.
Return to the camp/lodge for breakfast.
After breakfast, check out and leave for Nairobi.
Enjoy lunch en-route.
Drop-off in Nairobi at the hotel/airport/place of your choice.
- English-speaking Kenya guide
- Transport from Nairobi to Samburu and back
- 4x4 Wheel Drive with pop up roof for game viewing
- Airport and hotel transfers
- Accommodation during the safari
- Drinking water while on safari
Nairobi accommodation prior and after safari (can be planned on request)
Items of personal nature
Tips and gratuities
Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks
Optional visit to the Samburu village
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.