2-Day Mount Toubkal Adventure Trek From Marrakech
Sign up for an adventurous trek to Mount Toubkal and explore the highest mountain in North Africa, with its peak standing as high as 4167m. Drive across the Haouz Planes towards Imlil Village, and climb to Toubkal refuge past Sidi Shamharouch shrine. Spend the night at Toubkal Mount shelter, and hike to Mount Toubkal to experience the beauty of the Atlas Mountain range.
- Enjoy the hike to Toubkal, the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains
- Take in striking landscapes from the top of Mount Toubkal
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Marrakech to Toubkal Refuge expand_more
- Meet the driver early in the morning, and drive to the village of Imlil.
- Drive through the valleys of Toubkal Massif, passing by the Haouz Plain, and then past the village of Asni. Asni village will be the beginning point of our climb to the Massif.
- See all the tiny villages scattered around the hillsides while on the way up.
- Continue until we reach the village of Imlil, and that’s where the adventure begins.
- Meet the expert mountain guides to guide the way to the top. The luggage and equipment will be carried on mules.
- Prepare for a long uphill hike (5/6 hours) to Toubkal Refuge.
- Start the hike to the mountain, passing by the shrine of Sidi Shamharouch, and enjoy a picnic lunch in nature.
- After a short break, resume the hike to Toubkal refuge, which is used as a basecamp located in the sheltering bosom of Mother Nature.
Relax and enjoy an overnight in the wild.
Either spend the night inside Toubkal refuge or in a tent, provided if it's summertime.
Day 2 : Toubkal Summit - Marrakech expand_more
- After an early breakfast, at 5:30 AM, start the climb to Toubkal Summit.
- We will spend around 45min on the summit; we don’t want to spend too long time so that you don’t suffer from altitude sickness.
- Experience the unbelievably charming views from the summit, with views across the entire Atlas Mountains range and the Berber villages. Don’t let the camera out for a long period during wintertime, as the sub-zero temperature in the summit will quickly drain the camera batteries!
- Return to Toubkal refuge, take an hour or so to recover from the long hike.
- Return back to Imlil.
- Meet the driver, and eventually drive back to Marrakech.
Please keep in mind that the routes up to the mountain change depending on the season. During wintertime, the route is shorter but steeper and takes from 3 to 4 hours. Generally, the ascent is non-technical and safe but that does not mean it does not get challenging at some point. Closer to the summit, there are some more tricky parts where you need to be cautious, however, our experienced guides will help you prevent risky routes and instead take you through safe ones.
- Return transfer from Marrakech to Imlil ( A/C modern vehicle )
- Local licensed English / French speaking mountain guide
- Mules for luggage and meals transportation
- Overnight at Toubkal refuge
- Meals and mineral water ( full board )
- Hiking equipment
- Personal expenses
Jamaâ El-Fna, Marrakesh, Morocco
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 4||USD 150 Per Person|
This is a group tour
|Private Tour Price||USD 200|
|Maximum no. of people||25|