6-Day Challenging Trek Of Toubkal Summit From Marrakech
Come and trek across a big loop through several valleys surrounding Morocco's highest mountains, the Toubkal Summit. Walk through the different terrains along with your fellow trek lovers and stand spellbound as the snow-capped High Atlas peaks contrasting with the vivid blue sky perfectly complement another highlight of the trek- the blue waters of Lake D'Ifni.
- Enjoy trekking the Toubkal Range in Morocco
- See the beautiful views and trails of the Toubkal Summit
- Spend the night in the village of Amsouzert, one of the most striking villages
- Have a refreshing time at the Ifni Lake
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Marrakech - Imlil - Tacheddirt expand_more
- Leave Marrakech after breakfast and drive to Imlil via Asni. Imlil is the principal trailhead for walkers and a busy market town. There is a constant movement of people coming down from the mountains and an equal supply of activity from those about to embark on their adventure.
- Meet the mule team and once all the gear is loaded, begin walking along the valley towards Tacheddirt, some 8 km beyond Imlil. Soon the trail begins to rise as you climb up to the pass at Tizi n'Tamatert (2,279m).
- Descend to the pretty village of Ouaneskra and continue for a further half-hour or so, to Tacheddirt (3,000m), where one generally camps near the river.
Day 2: Tacheddirt - Azib Likemt expand_more
- Cross the valley and begin a long, slow ascent to the pass at Tizi Likemt (3,555m). The trek is quite tough as there is a considerable amount of loose scree on the ground.
- Reach the top and enjoy your first fine view of the Toubkal massif before a long downhill descent to the village of Azib Likemt, where you camp for the night.
Day 3: Azib Likemt - Tizi n'Ourai - Amsouzert expand_more
- Start the third day of the trek. This long but relatively easy day takes you through a variety of contrasting landscapes. From Tizi n Touraine (3,120m), enjoy further views of the Toubkal massif, including the summit, the east face and the Ifni Dome (3,876m). The trail leads on towards Amsouzert, one of the most striking villages in the region, where you will spend the night – dormitory-style - in a simple village Gite.
Day 4: Amsouzert - Ifni Lake expand_more
- Explore the several small villages as you make your way towards Ifni Lake, the only lake in the massif. It is a memorable sight, surrounded by rocky mountains and giant heaps of rubble, and is unusually deep.
- Arrive by lunchtime and spend the afternoon relaxing at the shore. Camp tonight in this area.
Day 5: Ifni Lake - Neltner Hut expand_more
- By now, you should be both fit and acclimatised, ready to tackle the hardest day of the trek. Make your way along a steep path that leads up a seemingly endless scree slope. At length, you will reach the pass at Tizi n'Ouanoums (3,664m), a narrow ledge between two shafts of rock.
- Start a long zigzag descent to Neltner Hut, a mountain refuge where you spend the night (or alternatively camp outside).
Day 6: Mt Toubkal Summit - Imlil expand_more
- Leave before dawn, following a well-worn route to the summit with your Toubkal tour guide. If conditions are good, it should take no more than 2-3 hours to reach the summit, where you enjoy expansive views of the entire Atlas Range and the Marrakech plains beyond.
- Return to base, descend on a fairly rapid pace to the villages of Sidi Chamharouch and Armed, before following the Mizane River, along a well-forested trail, to the trailhead at Imlil.
- End teh tour by heading back to your respective destinations.
- English-speaking Moroccan guide and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggage
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Accommodation in mountain huts
- Comfortable transport: hotel - trek - hotel
- Mess, cooking and toilet tents (camping option)
- Travel insurance
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
What to bring
- Trekking equipment
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 50||EUR 220 Per Person|
|1 To 50||EUR 185 Per Person|
This is a private tour