8-Hour Private YS Falls and Black River Safari from Negril
Enjoy a private all-day tour of Jamaica's South Coast! This scenic tour will take you to the famous YS Falls and then to a safari boat on the Black River. Lunch stop at Riverside Dock
- Enjoy boating on the Black River
- Admire the beautiful YS Falls
Enjoy a private, relaxing all-day tour of Jamaica's South Coast! This scenic tour will take you to the famous YS Falls and then to the town of Black River. At Black River, you will have a tasty local lunch at the Riverside Dock. After lunch, you will board a Safari Boat that will take you on a tour of the Black River where you get a close look at the wildlife.
- Savanna-la-Mar was originally established as a settlement in Spanish Jamaica. In 1780, the town was completely destroyed by a powerful hurricane known as Savanna-la-Mar hurricane. It was rebuilt, as the port was an important part of the Atlantic trade in sugar, slaves and other goods. After Great Britain abolished slavery in 1833 and before the abolition of slavery in the United States in 1865, its officials in the Caribbean colonies at times ordered the examination of slaves on American ships that happened to come to its Caribbean ports, to see if they wanted to stay in the colony and gain freedom, or return with the ship to the United States and slavery. In the cases of the Enterprise at Bermuda in 1835 and the Creole at Nassau in 1841-1842, a total of more than 200 slaves gained freedom. In at least one case, residents intervened to help others gain freedom. On 20 July 1855, Jamaicans boarded the United States Brig Young America, which had docked into Savanna-la-Mar. They had learned that the cook, a man named Anderson (alias Nettles), was a fugitive slave, and took him to shore, where he gained freedom. (He had boarded the ship with free papers in the name of Nettles.) The Jamaican magistrates did not interfere. The United States consul, R. Monroe Harrison (1768-1858), complained to the British colonial government about the incident. He also published a letter in The New York Times a few days later warning shipmasters against having blacks as part of their crew on ships putting into Jamaica, at the risk of losing them.
Black River Safariexpand_more
- What a memorable day it has been so far! Now you are at the Riverside Dock. After lunch, you will meet your Safari Tour Guide, hop into a safari boat and float along the Black River. Along the way, watch for crocodiles, eagles, and more wildlife in their natural environment. Black River and its wildlife, including endemic bird species, crabs, rare or endemic plants such as water lilies and others - North American crocodiles and Tarpons also occupy their space in the Black River.
- Get your cameras ready as your Safari Captain call the crocodiles, feed them chicken meat and pet them - no, your tour guide is not crazy but they have an excellent relationship with their friends from the Safari and are ready to share their experience and expertise with you! You might even see local fishers snorkeling the river collecting their crab traps or spear fishing right there among the crocodiles and other wildlife - and no, they're not crazy! It's just a way of life!
- Explore the South Coast of Jamaica on this private, full-day tour. Driving the countryside, going across the mountains, through small farming villages where nearly all the locals live off the land? The ride to the south coast is approx.. 1hr 30mins.
- At YS Falls, tractor jitney will take you on a 10 minutes ride through the 2,600 acres property and up to the falls. The YS Falls property is home to horses, cattle, massive guango and mango trees. At the Falls you can soak yourself in the 100% natural pools, swing on Tarzan Ropes, swim, etc. It is the perfect choice for a romantic getaway or if you wish to break away from the hustle and bustle of the busy resort property. The YS Falls is an attraction highlighted by a cascading, 7-tiered waterfall. There is also an expansive wading pool, exciting canopy ride which careen down the alley high above the falls, and river tube rides — all with spectacular views of the surrounding area Total time at the YS Falls will be approx.. 1hr 30mins.
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Lunch & drinks
- Refreshment & chips
- Zipline and Jungle River Tubing (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos
What to bring
- Extra cash
- Water shoes
- Change of clothing
Know before you go
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Casual. Please wear comfortable clothing
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels, Water Shoes
- Please present either a printed or electronic voucher at pickup just for verification
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer may be prevented from participating in the activities if found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
- There is a possibility that the pickup time might be changed base on the local traffic or inclement weather conditions
- • Comfortable walking shoes are recommended • If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly • Minimum drinking age is 18 years • The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions • Please add US$40 per person for entrance fees and lunch. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions. Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of our guests. Persons found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication may be prevented from participating. If, as a result, your tour is canceled you will not be entitled to a refund
- We pickup from most Negril Hotels. Customers are required to contact us at the information provided at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to re-confirm bookings or arrange a central pickup location.