3-Hour Private Tour Of The Highlights Of Toledo
See two former medieval synagogues, El tránsito and Santa Maria la Blanca. We will also visit San Juan de Los Reyes, an active late gothic (plateresque) church. As we explore, the guide will explain to you their history and different stylistic and constructive methods.
- Learn about the history and heritage of the town where Jewish, Catholic and Islamic cultures converge
- See two former medieval synagogues in a Mudejar style: El tránsito and Santa Maria la Blanca
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Walk through the Highlights of Toledo expand_more
- This experience will start from El Tránsito synagogue, which Samuel founded ben Meir Ha-Levi Abulafia about the year 1356. We will see the main hall decorated in beautiful stucco in a Mudejar style and the arc of the Torah. Looking up, we will spot the gallery from where the women would observe the ceremonies separate from the men. Later in 1877, it was declared a national monument and was repurposed into the Sephardic Museum. We will exit the synagogue and glimpse the exterior, which is relatively simple and austere.
- Walking along the road, head towards the next synagogue, Santa Maria La Blanca. According to an inscription on one of the pillars, it dates from 1160, making it arguably one of the oldest synagogues in Europe. Like El Transitó, it was also converted into a church later. The guide will go over the details of this transformation during the tour. Besides, The guide will explain what Mujedar architecture is and the materials used in construction.
- After leaving the synagogue, we will head towards a Catholic church and Franciscan monastery from the 15th century. You will see a contrast between the previous synagogues, stylistically and construction-wise. Learn what the debate is about on the subject of the style of architecture of this monastery. The church was supposed to be the burial place of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabelle, but they later changed their minds.
- We will end our experience here. All along our journey, the guide will share interesting anecdotes and stories from the past with you, which will help you develop an all-encompassing perspective on Toledo.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
AnUnforgettable Historical Journey
We had an incredible time exploring the rich history of Toledo with Anthony. We visited the iconic Cathedral of Toledo, and the ancient Jewish Quarter, learning about the city's fascinating past. Anthony's storytelling and insight made this tour a highlight of our trip.
ChinA Glimpse into Toledo's Artistic Legacy
Anthony's tour took us to see the incredible artworks in the city. We were in awe of the El Greco masterpieces and other notable artworks. Anthony's expertise and passion for art made this tour truly exceptional.
LakraToledo - A Treasure Trove of Culture
We were blown away by the city's cultural offerings on this tour. From visiting the Synagogue of Santa Maria La Blanca to the stunning architecture of the Monastery, we got to see some of the most important landmarks in the city. Our guide’s insights made the experience unforgettable.
MansoorA Walking Tour to Remember
This tour was a highlight of our trip to Toledo! We saw the city's most important landmarks and learned about the rich cultural heritage of this fascinating city. Our guide was excellent, providing detailed explanations and interesting anecdotes throughout the tour.
PeterDiscovering the Hidden Gems of Toledo
We had an incredible time on Anthony's walking tour, discovering some of the lesser-known gems of Toledo. From the quaint cobblestone alleys to the city's hidden courtyards, Anthony showed us the city's charming and unique side. Highly recommend this tour!
JasonA Walk Through History"
This tour of Toledo's highlights was a fantastic journey through the city's rich history.
AlexA Must-Do Experience
If you're visiting Toledo, the walking tour is a must-do activity to truly appreciate the city's history and beauty
JuanDiscover Toledo's Hidden Gems
Anthony's tour uncovered the lesser-known treasures of Toledo, such as the charming Santa Maria la Blanca synagogue and the El tránsito
HanA Tour to Remember
Anthony's walking tour was an unforgettable journey through Toledo's iconic landmarks, with his insightful commentary making it all the more special
USD 199 / group