Full-Day Tour To Sigiriya & Dambulla From Colombo
Sign up for the tour and explore the UNESCO-recognised World Heritage Sites of Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Dambulla Cave Temple. Start with a convenient pick-up from Colombo and marvel at the amazing rock formations in Sigiriya. Witness the scenic views of vegetable markets and locals as you continue to Dambulla, situated in the north of Matale District.
- Discover the beautiful ancient frescos of the Dambulla caves
- Visit Sigiriya Fortress, an ancient rock fortress
- Offer your prayers at the sacred site of Dambulla Cave Temple
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Sigiriya Fortress and Dambulla Cave Tour expand_more
- Pick up from the hotel early morning (after breakfast) and travel to Sigiriya.
- Arrive at Sigiriya, translated as Lion’s Rock, an ancient rock fortress and palace ruin. Start climbing the rock to explore the ruins.
- After exploration, descend to the ground and enjoy an elephant ride.
- Continue to Dambulla and pass through one of the biggest vegetable markets in Sri Lanka. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city as you proceed to the Dambulla caves.
- Explore the impressive cave temple that dates back to the 1st century BC. Discover all five caves under a vast overhanging rock carved with a drip line to keep the interiors dry. You will also see the ceiling painted with intricate patterns of religious images following the contours of the rock.
- Return to the hotel in Colombo by the end of the tour.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English-speaking tour guide
- Portage and service charges
- Entrance tickets
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Colombo, Sri Lanka
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.