10-Day Trek To Langtang Valley & Kyanjin Area From Kathmandu
Sign up for this beautiful trek adventure to the Langtang mountainous region and explore its hidden culture. Pass through the farm villages, well-tended terraces and lovely forested areas filled with tall rhododendron and magnolia trees. Also, hike up to the top of Kyangjin Ri Peak to witness 360-degree views of the Himalayan mountains and walk beside the river gorge to see traditional Tamang villages.
- Do short scenic treks to the beautiful high Langtang valley, enclosed by mountains
- See magnificent alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-oaks-pines and fir trees
- Spot endangered Red Panda and other wildlife
- Explore impressive Tamang villages full of lively culture and traditions
- Ascend Kyangjin Ri Peak to admire the splendid mountainscape
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu expand_more
Meet the tour guide at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
The trekking staff will give you a brief explanation of the program.
Today, you can stay in the hotel or enjoy a night at Thamel.
Day 2: Drive to Syabrubesi expand_more
After having breakfast, our trek to Langtang Valley begins with a 7-8 hours bus/jeep drive.
Start the drive towards the north of Kathmandu valley along the scenic foothills. While driving along the road, at the bank of the River Trisuli, enjoy the picturesque sight of Ganesh Himal, Tibetan peaks, terraces and greenery of the hills.
Stay overnight at the guest house on full board.
Day 3: Trek to Lama Hotel expand_more
After having breakfast at the lodge, start the day with a trek.
On the trek, the trail gradually ascends, after which you will trek to Rimche through the bamboo landscape and finally reach the flat levelled path to the Lama Hotel.
En route, if lucky, we hold a chance to see red pandas and bears.
Check-in and stay overnight at the lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Langtang Village expand_more
After savouring your breakfast, start the trek to Gumanechok, ‘Ghoda Tabela’, which literally means ‘the horse stable’.
En route, you will see the valley's beauty, with the Yaks grazing on the pastures. Langtang village is one of the very local and old villages along this trekking route, and trekkers enjoy the spectacular views on this route.
Enjoy your dinner and overnight stay at the guesthouse.
Day 5: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa expand_more
After breakfast, start the journey to Kyangjin Gompa, a principal monastery in the region.
On your way, pass by water mills, prayer wheels, and chortens with sacred mounds of rocks with inscriptions.
Also, pass by the largest Mani wall in Nepal, made from stones with prayers written on them.
After the short trek, post lunch, spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the Buddhist shrine in Kyangjin Gompa and surrounding areas with the amazing view of the mountains.
Have dinner and restful sleep at the lodge.
Day 6: Exploration Day expand_more
Get up late as it is the day to explore the city at your own ease.
Post breakfast, head to explore the Kyanging area, where you will visit the monastery and the cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung or ascend Kyangjin Ri [4,350 m], directly behind the village, for a breath-taking panorama of the Langtang peak.
Alternatively, you could make a day trip to Tseguri.
Enjoy an overnight stay and a meal in the lodge.
Day 7: Trek back to Lama Hotel expand_more
Begin your trek after breakfast and retrace our steps to Lama Hotel. Most of the trekking today will be downhill as you pass through forests and beautiful Tamang villages. You will also enjoy different views of the Himalayas that we missed while climbing up.
Stay overnight at Lama Hotel on a full board meal.
Day 8: Trek to Syabrubesi expand_more
After breakfast, take down an easy trek to Syabru Bensi.
En route, you would be passing through several villages.
Spend the night at the guesthouse and also enjoy a scrumptious dinner.
Day 9: Drive back to Kathmandu expand_more
After breakfast, take a morning drive from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu, concluding your Langtang trekking adventure.
On arriving in Kathmandu after 7 – 8 hours of driving, the office representative will assist you in checking into your hotel.
Enjoy the day at your ease.
Enjoy an overnight stay at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure expand_more
It is time to bid adieu to Kathmandu, as it is your departure day. The representative will head you to the airport to board a flight for your journey onward with an enriching experience and memories to last a lifetime.
- All the airport and hotel transfers as per the itinerary
- 2 nights of hotel accommodation in Kathmandu city, including breakfast (3-star)
- All the long-range transport (Kathmandu- Syabrubesi - Kathmandu)
- All the essential trekking permits and entrance fees for the trek
- Professional trekking guide for the trek
- Supporting porter for the trek (1 porter for two clients)
- Full board meals every day while on the trek (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Twin-sharing local lodges accommodation while on the trek
- First aid medicines for the trek (carried by our guide)
- Sleeping bag and hiking stick for the trek, which need to be returned after the trek
- Company adventure appreciation certificate after trip completion
- Farewell dinner at a typical local restaurant in Kathmandu
- English-speaking Nepali tour guide
- All service charges and taxes
- International airfares and Nepal entry visa
- Alcoholic beverages, bottled mineral and hot/boiled water, soft drinks and snacks
- Riding horse along the trek
- Extra cost on natural disaster
- Tips to staffs
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.