8-Day Desert Tour From Marrakech To Tangier
Sign up for this tour to drive through the vast Sahara Desert and the Ait Benhaddou Kasbah from Marrakech. Explore the famous Todra Gorge and pass by Ouazzane and visit the beautiful Dades Valley. Wander across the incredible Merzouga desert, go to the imperial city of Chefchaouen and get deep knowledge of the local culture.
- Traverse the stunning High Atlas Mountains
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Aït Benhaddou kasbah
- Walk in the Toudra Gorges and the Dades Valley along the river
- Go for a camel ride and enjoy the views of Erg Chebbi
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Marrakech - High Atlas - Ait Benhaddou - Dades Valley expand_more
- After having breakfast in your hotel/Riad, your private driver/guide will pick you up at around 8 am for a journey down to the Sahara Desert, where you’ll have unique experiences with the locals. You’ll have a nice drive through the spectacular High Atlas Mountains crossing the Tizi n’Tichka Pass (2260 m). The views are just stunning, with snow-capped mountains throughout the year. We will definitely include many short breaks for you to chill out, take pictures & for enjoying the breathtaking views.
- Our tour will take us to the dramatic village of Ait Benhaddou, which we should not miss. This village which consists of many Kasbahs (fortresses), is preserved by UNESCO because of its striking architecture & for its role in filming many national & international celebrities, including Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator, Sahara, Kingdom of Heaven, Prince of Persia & the list is long.
- After lunch, you’ll continue on the track to the Dades Valley through Ouarzazate (Hollywood of Africa), famous for the Atlas Film Studios, and then through the Valley of Roses, where we will include another short break before reaching our final destination.
Dades Valley - Todra Gorge - Merzouga & Camel Ride expand_more
- Today, we will resume our desert tour further southeast to Merzouga Desert while including a short break in the impressive Todra Gorges (Canyons). You’ll stretch your legs in these canyons while enjoying the breathtaking views of the palm-dotted valley of Todra. Drive through Erfoud, famous for dates & fossils. We may want to include a visit to the local fossil factory to learn about how the whole process, from excavation to polishing, takes place.
- When we arrive at the Merzouga desert, you’ll be served tea as a sign of Moroccan welcoming. Have a camel ride in the golden sand dunes of Erg Chebbi while enjoying the majestic view of the sunset.
Have a nice dinner in our tented restaurant and spend the night in your private en-suite tent or under the stars.
Explore Merzouga Sahara Desert expand_more
- Early wake in the morning, you may want to climb up the sand dune to attend the majestic view of the sunrise. After breakfast & freshening up with a warm shower, it’s time to explore the Sahara Desert of Erg Chebbi. You’ll learn about the unique system of irrigation known as “Khettaras”, including a short break to see the underground wells as well as the oasis.
- Drive through the main village of Merzouga by the edge of the sand dune field to the Khamlia Village. The village of Khamlia is resided mainly by people with a dark complexion who were brought as slaves from the Sub-Saharan Lands. The spiritual music, “Gnawa Music” that they perform to the visitors forms the main source of income & by which they have been unable to endure the harshness of life.
- You’ll then have a complete tour around the sand dunes while including a visit to a local nomad family. In the afternoon, you’ll return back to your hotel, where you can relax & chill out for the next day’s adventure.
Merzouga Desert - Midelt - Ifrane - Fes expand_more
- After having breakfast in your hotel/Riad, you’ll head north to the spiritual city of Fes. Please note you’ll have many hours of driving today, but your diver/guide will include many stops for chilling out and taking pictures.
- You’ll have a stop in the pal-dotted Ziz Valley to take some shots because of the impressive views it offers, then the Ziz Gorge before reaching Midelt, where you’ll have lunch.
- You’ll continue on the track through the lush Middle Atlas Mountains with its UNESCO-preserved cedar forest that hosts a colony of endangered Barbary Apes. We will include a short break in the forest, then in the beautiful city of Ifrane, before arriving in Fes in the late afternoon.
Exploring Fes City expand_more
- Today after breakfast, you will have a sightseeing tour to explore the Royal city of Fès. Your morning will be spent visiting the medieval Medina (old city) with its ramparts and narrow streets, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1981. You will see the 16th Century Merinid Tombs Ruins.
- You will visit the Bouanania and the Attarine Medersas, constructed in the early 14th century by the Merinides, the Karaouine Mosque (The ancient educational center of Islamic learning), and the Nejjarine Marble Fountain. You will have a break for lunch at a typical Moroccan restaurant.
- Continuing on your visit, you will view the decorated gate of Bab Boujeloud, the medieval tanneries, and the Royal Palace.
- Then, visit the Souks (local markets), where merchants and craftsmen sell their hand-made jewellery, leather goods, copperware, and pottery.
Overnight at the same Riad/hotel.
Fes - Rif Mountains - Ouazzane - Chefchaouen expand_more
- After having breakfast in your Riad, you’ll continue on the track further north with a nice drive through the spectacular Rif Mountains that offer majestic views. We will include many breaks for chilling out & for taking pictures.
- Cross the city of Ouazzane before reaching the blue-painted city of Chefchaouen in the late afternoon. You may want to stretch your legs in the evening to get a first glimpse of this unique but charming city.
Full-Day Exploring Chefchaouen expand_more
- Today, you will spend most of the day meandering around the blue-painted streets of Chefchaouen Medina, starting from the vibrant Utta Hammam, which is located in the heart of the Medina. You may want to visit the Kasbah (fortress), where you can learn that it’s the reason behind the foundation of Chefchaouen by the warrior Moulay Ali Ibn Rashid to organize attacks against the Portuguese & Spanish invaders.
- Continue on the track to the Ras el-Ma Spring, offering stunning views with local women washing clothes & carpets. You may want to have a soft hike up to the mosque, where you can get a complete view of the old Medina of Chefchaouen.
- In the afternoon, you may want to have lunch in a local restaurant in Utta el-Hammam Square while watching the passers-by and sampling the unique cultural lifestyle.
Chefchaouen - Tangier expand_more
- After having breakfast in your Riad, transfer to the airport from Chefchaouen To Tangier Airport/Port.
- Private car with A/C for eight days
- Car insurance
- English speaking driver
- Pick up from your accommodation in Marrakech
- 7 nights accommodation as clearly indicated in the itinerary
- Camel ride in Merzouga Desert (one camel each)
- Private rooms/tents
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Local tour guide in Fes
- Drop off at your accommodation/port/airport in Tangier
- Dinners in Fes and Chefchaouen
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance fees
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 10||EUR 1175 Per Person|
This is a private tour