8-Day Tour To Fes Via Sahara Desert From Tangier
During this tour to the desert of Morocco, we will explore a masterpiece. Images will lead you to the imperial cities, flawless landscapes and endless desert dunes. Start from Tangier to the northern cities, explore Morocco's blue pearl Chefchaouen with overnights in authentic accommodations and nomadic tents in desert camp. Get lost in the deep desert of Merzouga through the high Erg Chebbi dunes and enjoy a romantic dinner in the desert under the stars.
- Explore the city of Tangier, the pearl of the north
- Do a guided tour of the city of Meknes
- Visit the city of Fes with your guide and discover its monuments
- Admire the landscapes of the Rif and Mid-Atlas mountains
- Enjoy a camel trek in Merzouga for a lifetime sunset in Erg Chebbi
- See the biggest oasis in Morocco through ziz valley
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Tangier - Chefchaouen expand_more
- Arrive at the port of Tangier, which will take a tour of the city before travelling into the small fortress town of Chefchaouen. Chefchaouen is characterized by its construction and all the houses painted in shades of blue. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the north of the Rif mountains.
- We will spend the night in Chefchaouen.
Day 2: Chefchaouen - Ouazzane - Meknes - Fes expand_more
- After breakfast, we will drive to Fes, but we will stop first to take in the panoramic view of Chefchaouen to take some memorable photos of the city.
- And then, we will continue to Fes through the city of Ouazzane, enjoying the landscapes of the Rif Mountains along the road.
- Once in Meknes, we will stop for lunch and then meet our guide to starting an explorative journey of Fes, including the city's main monuments, medersas, palaces, and the souks.
- In the afternoon, we will continue to Fes.
- Check in to your hotel in Fes.
Day 3: Fes Guided City Tour expand_more
- During the morning, you will have a guided tour of the oldest imperial city. Founded in 808 as the first political, religious and cultural capital. We begin the visit through the Golden Doors of the Royal Palace.
- Later, we will observe the wall that encloses the impressive and ancient medina from a high point.
- After that, your guide will take you on foot to experience the hundreds of sensations and visit the landmarks and monuments of the city.
- We will discover mosques, medersas, and religious places until we reach the tanners' quarter. Free time for lunch - not included, and then we will continue visiting the artisans' neighbourhood to watch how they work and maintain Andalusia's art and style to this day, which gives Fez the well-deserved name of the city of artisans.
- By the afternoon, you will have a choice to come back to your accommodation or have more free time to explore the old medina.
Day 3: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt expand_more
- The following day we continue our trip to Fez, the oldest imperial city of Morocco. We will travel through the city, observing the places of interest as we travel towards Ifran and the extensive cedar forests on the way to Midelt for the night.
Day 5: Midelt - Ziz Valley - Erfoud - Merzouga expand_more
- We will travel through the northern Atlas Mountains along the Ziz River valley where you will take frequent stops to observe the beautiful panorama of mountains, valleys, river scenes, Ziz creek, a large oasis and a reservoir.
- We will pass through the city or Er Rachidia as we head east to the desert city of the Merzouga Sahara.
- We will spend the night in a hotel with the great dunes of Erg Chebbi only by the back door of the hotel, where you can venture to explore on foot of the smaller dunes.
Day 6: Merzouga Wonders expand_more
- After breakfast and taking a shower in the hotel, we will go on a trip around the Erg Chebbi. We will visit a house and listen to Gnawa music, originally from Ghana and Sudan.
- We will visit some abandoned mines, nomadic Berbers and an oasis of palm trees. Towards lunchtime, we headed back to Merzouga.
- After lunch and relaxing, we're headed to the camels waiting to take us on an adventure in the dunes.
- We will spend the night in a camp equipped with drum music in the middle of the Sahara. This is an excellent opportunity to take beautiful sunset and sunrise pictures. When we arrive at the camp, we will go to the high dunes to see the sunset of the sun and spend the night in nomad tents.
Day 7: Merzouga - Fes expand_more
- Place at sunrise over the Sahara desert, camel back to the hotel and breakfast. We begin our return trip. We will spend the night in Fez, enjoying the city after a long trip back from the desert.
Day 8: Fes - Tangier expand_more
- After breakfast, depart to Tangier and transfer to your hotel or port of Tangier.
End of our services.
- Comfortable transport 4x4 or Minivan
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Hotels/riads in half board
- Camel ride and night in desert camp
- Plane tickets
- Tickets to Historical Monuments
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 50||EUR 1199.99 Per Person|
This is a private tour