4-Day Tour To Merzouga From Agadir
To explore the great south and desert of Morocco, start from Agadir to the capital of Safran in Taliouine, then drive through the Atlas mountains to reach the village of Taznakhte. Continue through Draa valley and its palm grove, and spend a night in the silent desert of Chegaga, including a camel ride for a beautiful sunset and sunrise. During the tour, meet the locals and drive along the giant dunes and desert. Visit the old UNESCO Kasbah, cinema studios in Ouarzazate and drive through the Atlas mountains.
- Enjoy a night in the desert camp
- Explore the southeast and its hidden Berber villages
- Enjoy a camel trek in the big dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga
- Discover the lifestyle of Berber in the southeast
- Visit a nomad family in the desert
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Agadir - Taliouine - Agdez - Zagora expand_more
- Depart from Agadir in the morning in a 4 × 4 or minivan to the southeast.
- Passing through Taliouine, Agdez, have lunch at Tamnougalte and visit the Kasbah.
- Then, continue to Zagora by the Draa Valley.
Night in a 4 * hotel or charming riad in Zagora
Day 2: Zagora - Mhamid - Erg Chegaga expand_more
- After your breakfast, depart for a visit to the Koranic library.
- Then continue the road to M'hamid where we will have lunch.
- After lunch, departure to the sea of sand. (Chegaga) The highest dune of Morocco (300m altitude more than 40km in length), the possibility of a camel ride, we watch the sunset, and evening animated with songs of the Sahara.
Dinner and overnight at a traditional tented bivouac
Day 3: Erg Chegaga - Zagora - Tazzarine - Nkob - Merzouga expand_more
- After breakfast, we will drive along the Draa valley, the longest river in Morocco at 2200km.
- Through the valley, you will admire the charm of the palm grove of over 150km.
- After Zagora, we will turn left to take the old road of caravans towards Merzouga, stop for lunch at the village of Nkon, and then continue through the hidden Berber villages of Tazarine and Alnif.
- We will stop in the village of Rissani the old town of Sejjelmassa. We will visit the Moulay Ali Cherif Mausoleum, the founder of the Alaouite dynasty.
- Then, we will continue to Merzouga. In Merzouga, we will find our camel man waiting for us to start a new adventure for an exceptional sunset over the big dunes of Erg Chebbi to enjoy a lifetime moment of silence in nowhere and enjoy a moment with Touareg singing Berber music.
Overnight in a desert camp under a Berber tent with dinner and breakfast
Day 4: Merzouga - Ouarzazate - Taznakhte - Taroudant - Agadir expand_more
- After breakfast in the full desert, depart in 4 × four towards Ouarzazate.
- We will go through the oasis, visit the giant canyons of Toudra gorges, and continue via Dades valley and Rose valley to reach Ouarzazate.
- Once in Ouarzazate, we will stop visiting the old Kasbah of Taourirt and continue to Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, a UNESCO world heritage.
- Stop for lunch and visit the old Kasbah with a local guide.
- After lunch, we will continue towards Taroudant.
- Arrive in Agadir in the late afternoon.
- Transport in 4 × 4 or minivan with a professional driver/guide (fuel included)
- 1 Night in the desert camp (tent, mattress and blankets are provided)
- 1 night in Hotel or Riad
- Overnight in the desert camp in half-board
- Half-board accommodation
- Camel rides for sunset and sunrise
- Entrance fees to Kasbahs
- Personal expenses
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 50||EUR 599.99 Per Person|
This is a private tour