3-Day Tour Of Merzouga Desert & Atlas Mountains From Fes
Embark on this tour to marvel at Morocco’s iconic sights during visits to the remarkable high Atlas Mountains and the fortified Kasbah of Aït Benhaddou. Pass through the Valley of the Roses and the bustling cities of Marrakech, and enjoy a camel safari through the Sahara Desert. Also, explore the towering dunes of Merzouga and drive through the Dades Valley to admire beautiful landscapes.
Drive across the Atlas Mountains and Tizi n'Tichka Pass
Visit the UNESCO preserved village of Kasbah Aït Benhaddou
Enjoy a camel ride in Merzouga with stunning sunset and sunrise views
Explore the beautiful Dades Valley
- Tour across Ouarzazate known as the Hollywood of Africa
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1- Fes - Ifrane - Merzouga expand_more
- Connect with your tour guide, who will pick you up from your riad/hotel, then drive south to Ifrane and Azrou through the Middle Atlas mountains.
- On the way, stop at the cedar forests to see the Barbarian Apes in their natural habitat.
- Travel through the Tizi Ntalghamt pass to Midelt.
- Along the magnificent Ziz Gorges carved through volcanic rock, see views of the Middle-Atlas plateau and the scenery changing to reveal hints of the desert as you approach the city of Errachidia.
- After lunch, continue the journey through the Ziz Valley.
- Arrive Merzouga dunes and start your camel ride for a great stay in a luxury camp.
Day 2- Merzouga - Todra Gorge - Dades Valley expand_more
- Wake up early to enjoy a magnificent sunrise on the dunes.
- Then, take a camel ride back to the hotel.
- After freshening up and breakfast, leave for Tinghir and the Todra Gorges.
- Finally, arrive in the Dades Valley and have dinner. Spend the night.
Day 3- Dades Valley - Atlas Mountain - Marrakech expand_more
- After breakfast, drive through the Dades Valley towards Kalaat Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the way of the thousand Kasbahs, provides numerous photo opportunities.
- Visit the Roses valley and Skoura village, then continue to Ouarzazat, “the Hollywood of Africa”.
- Have lunch at the famous Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco.
- After touring this UNESCO World Heritage site, continue through the majestic Tizi nTichka pass, reaching an altitude of 2260m, over the High Atlas Mountains.
- Afterwards, take a halt to enjoy the impressive views and visit the argan oil cooperative.
- Arrive in Marrakech late in the afternoon to conclude the tour.
- Private Transport and fuel
- English speaking Moroccan guide/driver
- Sunsets and sunrises camel ride
- Stay in a luxury camp with a private bathroom and hot water
- Accommodation in Dades Valley
- Two dinners
- Two breakfasts
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 2||EUR 378 Per Group|
This is a private tour