Explore Amman, Desert Castles, Petra, Wadi Rum And Dead Sea In 3 Days
Explore the historical highlights of Jordan on this tour, including one of the Seven Wonders of the New World- Petra. Start from the city of Amman, visiting the Roman Theatre, the Nymphaeum and the Royal Automobile Museum. Explore the three famous desert castles of Al-Azraq, Quseir Amra and Qasr Al-Kharranah, witness the Wadi Rum landscape, and have a great time at the Dead Sea.
- Visit the Amman Citadel and Roman Theatre in Amman
- Explore the desert castle of Quseir Amra
- See the hilltop fortress of Qasr Al-Kharranah or Kharaneh Castle
- Learn all about the historical site of Petra and Little Petra
- Hop on a fun-filled 4x4 ride in Wadi Rum
- Have a refreshing time at the Dead Sea
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Amman and Desert Castles Tour expand_more
- Meet the tour guide at the airport (or hotel or any other desired location) and head to the downtown area for a visit to the Amman Citadel located right above downtown. The citadel offers ruins of many previous cultures and views of downtown that are breathtaking!
- Visit the Roman Theatre, which is the second biggest on earth.
- Walk to the Nymphaeum for a quick look. After that, it's time to join the locals at the fresh produce market.
- Go to the Al Husseini Grand Mosque (1400 years old), the oldest mosque in the country, for a look.
- Ride from downtown to the west of Amman to visit the new side of town, including the Royal Automobile Museum.
- Later, head to Al-Azraq, a medieval fortress once used by 'Lawrence of Arabia'.
- Delve into UNESCO-listed Quseir Amra, an 8th-century castle famous for its interior frescoes and dome zodiac painting.
- Explore Qasr Al-Kharranah or Kharaneh Castle, a 12th-century hilltop fortress built to stave off Crusaders.
- Then back to Amman for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Visit Petra expand_more
- Start early from Amman, heading to Petra to arrive there after 3.5 hours of driving.
- Visit the site of Petra and enjoy a min of 8 hours tour of the site. The rosy red charm carved in the sandstone mountains of Wadi Musa is evidence of the connection between the old cultures. The city will have an effect on you like a child in a candy shop. The marvellous colours and atmosphere of the Siq are as if time stood still; you don't actually walk down the path, it's more like gliding, and as it opens itself wide to the site of the treasury, it will hit you like an Indiana-Jones-movie scene and a secret hidden for thousands of years, a sight like no other. Taking the steps up to the Monastery is long and tiring, but when you reach there, you can say "top of the world" and no less. A cup of tea at the view up there with the fresh breeze around sunset will be priceless.
- Go to little Petra to complete the picture of the culture that built this amazing city. Discover a 4000-year-old winery and the drawings from before the clock started to tick. It is a must-see wonder of the world.
- Get on the road again towards Wadi Rum. Head to your camp for a Zarb dinner and get ready for an adventure to see an enormous amount of stars you have seen. On a clear night without the moon, it is also possible to see the Milky Way. Enjoy a serene night at your camp.
Day 3: Enjoy your time in the desert of Wadi Rum expand_more
- Have 2 hours of 4x4 ride in the morning in the vastness of the most tranquil place you have ever been to! After that, be on the way along the Great Rift Valley to arrive at the lowest point on earth.
- Enjoy your lunch, and take a swim and a mud bath at the Dead Sea, which will leave you with softer and firmer skin.
- Return to Amman or the airport.
- Transportation in modern vehicle
- Free WI-FI in the car
- Bottles of spring water in the car
- All driver expenses and tax
- All entrance fees and tips
- All meals
- 4x4 ride
- Camel ride
What to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Sunhat or Bedouin scarf
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals (Even if you opt out of hiking, you should still wear supportive footwear.)
- Daypack or small backpack (to carry your personal belongings)
Know before you go
- Amman: Join this panoramic tour of the city of Amman around the old and new parts of it; if you are here for the first time, then this is your chance to visit the city that will sweep you off your feet. This is where ancient meets the modern, beautifully! The Roman Theatre is believed to be Greek of origin, but no matter, it was the place your guide would always start his journey from before heading downtown as a child. Maybe he just wanted to salute the ancient crowds before he headed into town! You will be able to smell the history before you lay an eye on it. Imagine the second biggest Roman theatre in the world among real Souqs. The arches and the shops are just lined up there, watching the citadel as it sits quietly on top of the surrounding hills; diverse is what you will find here. The guide will personally recommend one of those hole-in-the-wall eateries and some Kenafah for dessert to cap off your tour. Maybe go for a walk in Rainbow St if you are still eager to take in more of the city. Come to Amman and feel right at home!
- Please note:
- All guests should buy Jordan Pass to save on paying for the entrance fees at all the sites.
- The tour can be altered and customized to fit the client's time and interest.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 3||USD 848 Per Group|
|4 To 7||USD 1360 Per Group|
|8 To 14||USD 1660 Per Group|
This is a private tour