2-Day Private Tour Of Amman, Desert Castles And Petra
Escape daily life and turn to the pages of history at Amman and Petra, along with exploring the desert castles. See the highlights of the old and new Amman, such as the Roman Theatre, Amman Citadel and the Royal Automobile Museum. Walk in the desert terrain and visit Quseir Amra and Qasr Al-Kharranah, the castles of the desert, and explore the site of Petra, a World Heritage Site.
- Explore the World Heritage Site of the Roman Theatre
- Capture the ancient beauty of Amman Citadel
- Visit the historical site of Petra
- Admire the beautiful desert castle of UNESCO-listed Quseir Amra
- Take great pictures at the 12th-century built Qasr Al-Kharranah
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Amman City Tour - Desert Castles expand_more
- Meet the tour guide at the airport (or hotel or any other desired location) and head to the downtown area for a visit to the Amman Citadel located right above downtown. The citadel offers ruins of many previous cultures and views of downtown that are breathtaking!
- Visit the Roman Theatre, which is the second biggest on earth.
- Walk to the Nymphaeum for a quick look. After that, it's time to join the locals at the fresh produce market.
- Go to the Al Husseini Grand Mosque (1400 years old), the oldest mosque in the country, for a look.
- Ride from downtown to the west of Amman to visit the new side of town, including the Royal Automobile Museum.
- Later, head to Al-Azraq, a medieval fortress once used by 'Lawrence of Arabia'.
- Delve into UNESCO-listed Quseir Amra, an 8th-century castle famous for its interior frescoes and dome zodiac painting.
- Explore Qasr Al-Kharranah or Kharaneh Castle, a 12th-century hilltop fortress built to stave off Crusaders.
- Then back to Amman for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Visit Petra expand_more
- Start early from Amman, heading to Petra to arrive there after 3.5 hours of driving.
- Visit the site of Petra and enjoy a min of 8 hours tour of the site. The rosy red charm carved in the sandstone mountains of Wadi Musa is evidence of the connection between the old cultures. The city will have an effect on you like a child in a candy shop. The marvellous colours and atmosphere of the Siq are as if time stood still; you don't actually walk down the path, it's more like gliding, and as it opens itself wide to the site of the treasury, it will hit you like an Indiana-Jones-movie scene and a secret hidden for thousands of years, a sight like no other. Taking the steps up to the Monastery is long and tiring, but when you reach there, you can say "top of the world" and no less. A cup of tea at the view up there with the fresh breeze around sunset will be priceless.
- Go to little Petra to complete the picture of the culture that built this amazing city. Discover a 4000-year-old winery and the drawings from before the clock started to tick. It is a must-see wonder of the world.
- Return to Amman in the late evening to end your tour.
- Transportation in modern vehicle
- Free WI-FI in the car
- Bottles of spring water in the car
- All driver expenses and tax
- All entrance fees and tips
- All meals
What to bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Sunhat or Bedouin scarf
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals (Even if you opt out of hiking, you should still wear supportive footwear.)
- Daypack or small backpack (to carry your personal belongings)
Know before you go
- Amman: Join this panoramic tour of the city of Amman around the old and new parts of it; if you are here for the first time, then this is your chance to visit the city that will sweep you off your feet. This is where ancient meets the modern, beautifully! The Roman Theatre is believed to be Greek of origin, but no matter, it was the place your guide would always start his journey from before heading downtown as a child. Maybe he just wanted to salute the ancient crowds before he headed into town! You will be able to smell the history before you lay an eye on it. Imagine the second biggest Roman theatre in the world among real Souqs. The arches and the shops are just lined up there, watching the citadel as it sits quietly on top of the surrounding hills; diverse is what you will find here. The guide will personally recommend one of those hole-in-the-wall eateries and some Kenafah for dessert to cap off your tour. Maybe go for a walk in Rainbow St if you are still eager to take in more of the city. Come to Amman and feel right at home!
- Please note:
- All guests should buy Jordan Pass to save on paying for the entrance fees at all the sites.
- The tour can be altered and customized to fit the client's time and interest.
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 50% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 2||USD 525 Per Group|
|3 To 7||USD 845 Per Group|
|8 To 14||USD 1045 Per Group|
This is a private tour