2-Hour Underground Bunker Tour In Cape Town
Discover an abandoned underground network and a time capsule covered in dust. Put on some old clothing, closed non slip footgear and don’t forget to bring your torch and your camera on this 2-hour exploration trip to learn about World War II's best-kept secrets amidst bunkers and tunnels.
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Uncover Secrets in Old Fort in Cape Town expand_more
Discover the hidden secrets under an old Fort in Cape Town and meet at the entrance to Fort Wynyard.
Inform the guard you are attending a Guided Tour and sign in at the Gate. Safe parking will be allocated once inside.
Explore the tunnels and bunkers, and enter a decommissioned ammunition Magazine.
See the working of ammunition lifts as well as the only disappearing cannon in South Africa.
Learn about the Battle that changed SA History forever, WW2 SSS Special Signals Services, 17 Secret Radar Stations, German Spies, flying Catalina Boats, Ventura’s, and Wolf pack German U-Boats that sunk over 100000 tons of shipping in the Cape waters.
- English speaking Cape Town Guide
What to bring
- Clothing: Dress for comfort. We do not recommend wearing skirts.
- Open shoes or high heels are not allowed.
- Please wear closed non-slip outdoor footwear.
- Please bring a small handheld torch or buy a Torch on-site for R100.
Know before you go
- Top Secret HQ Tunnel & Bunker Tours are very popular and all visits must be pre-booked. There is no facility to pay at the door’ and no casual visitors will be permitted. Please make your booking 2 weeks in advance.
- Eligibility and Accessibility: The minimum age for visitors is 7. Children 7 to 16 years must be accompanied by an Adult. Very important is to keep to the dedicated footpath and follow the Guides instructions. There are steps to climb and dark confined spaces.
- Group visits: Tours are restricted to a total of 25 people per group.
- Length of Tour: The Tour takes approximately 1.5 hours depending on the group size. Please bring some extra time if you wish to book the Officer's Bar or wish to bring a Picnic. Delicious finger food platters can be arranged for special occasions on request.
- Please indicate if you wish to utilize the Museum Canteen Bar before or after the Tour as it needs to be booked in advance.
- This Tour is also suitable for small Teambuilding, Corporate Events, and special interest groups.
- A private Tour to explore some of the Secret Radar Stations, Simons Town Naval Museum, Tour of a Submarine, Airforce Museum or any other secret location can be made by special arrangement.
- The Officers Bar is available after the tour but must be booked in advance.
Fort Wynyard Street, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|20 To 25||ZAR 250 Per Person|
|10 To 20||ZAR 350 Per Person|
|1 To 2||ZAR 1500 Per Person|
This is a group tour