8-Hour Hualien Indigenous Home Cooking Class And Formosa Tea Ceremony
The tour will start at an aboriginal market. You will have a chance to see many local people and stuff and learn more about the aboriginal wild greens. During the class, you will use the freshest local ingredients, picked and bought at the traditional market or in an aboriginal community garden. It will be your favourite activity on your trip to Taiwan. Make an aboriginal-style meal under instruction from a knowledgeable and kind teacher, then eat together, Of course. You don't need to worry; you will get help whenever you get stuck. Our teacher will also discuss each ingredient and how they use and are related to their life. After the meal, it's tea time. Learn about the different types of Taiwanese tea and how to brew them in a tea-tasting class and tea ceremony.
- Learn about the traditional local culture, vegetarian-inclined diet, and Formosa Tea Ceremony
- Cook a meal in the aboriginal style
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Hualien Cooking Class expand_more
- Please contact us in advance to confirm the available time for the cooking teacher.
- Pick up from the hotel or train station, meet with your local teacher and go to the traditional market or a community wild greens garden to pick out fresh ingredients, benefiting from the insider tips of your local teacher.
- Leave the market and go back to the kitchen for your traditional indigenous cultural cooking class. Learn new skills and authentic recipes from experienced cooks, So be prepared to roll up your sleeves, tie on your apron and start cooking.
- Tea ceremony, tasting your unique green & Oolong tea: As it is your private tour, the guide can, of course, be flexible with a slightly earlier or later start time; please just let me know.
- Guiding services
- Private transportation pick up and drop off services, a clean and air-conditioned Hyundai Starex van
- Water bottle
- Personal expenses
- Food, drinks, snacks
Know before you go
- Please inform me of any medical, mobility, and diet concerns. Have your own medical and travel insurance up to date for this trip.
- Example Menu: Stir-fried Amis seasonal vegetable, seaweed salad, Aboriginal style wild greens soup, Macaw pepper pork, homemade rice wine or dessert. Also, sticky rice with banana leaves, bamboo rice, or Alpinia steamed rice. The menu is based on the guest number and local seasonal agricultural products, and the specific menu may change periodically.
- Dress code suggestions: long sleeve, trousers/pants, cap, mosquito repellent, sneakers, rain gear, light outerwear, water bottle,
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|The group size and price|
|1 To 6||USD 580 Per Group|
This is a private tour