7-Day Hill Country Tour In Sri Lanka
Though Sri Lanka is a tropical island with basic geographical features and a tropical climate, the country's central hills differ from the coastal area with a soothing cooler climate, misty mountain peaks, picturesque waterfalls, and luscious tea estates etc. Hill country tour in Sri Lanka is a perfect holiday tour package to escape to a dreamy atmosphere and enjoy nature at its best with a touch of a bit of adventure.
Day 01 - Airport – Kandyexpand_more
- Arrival at the Colombo Airport.
- Transfer to Kandy.
Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 02 - Kandy – Pinnawalaexpand_more
- Visit the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage in time to witness the bathing and bottle feeding of the baby elephants.
- Go to the temple of the tooth, upper lake drive, and market square. Dalada Maligawa, or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy, is the most venerated place of worship for Buddhists throughout the world.
Dinner & Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 03 - Kandy – Nuwara Eliyaexpand_more
- Have breakfast and leave for Nuwara Eliya via Ramboda Falls en route, visiting a tea factory/plantation and some beautiful waterfalls.
Dinner & Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Day 04 - Horton Plains – Nuwara Eliyaexpand_more
- Have breakfast and go for an excursion to Horton Plains Nature and Wild Life Reserve.
- Short trek to Worlds End & Bakers Falls.
- Tour the only National Park situated in the Hill Country and falls within the Nuwara Eliya district and is 200 km away from Colombo.
Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Day 05 - Nuwara Eliya – Bandarawelaexpand_more
- Eat breakfast and transfer to Nanu-Oya railway station for a short train journey to Bandarawela.
- Check-in at the hotel in Bandarawela.
- Visit the Adisham Bungalow in Haputale. This is an old Benedictine monastery built in the shape of a small castle.
Dinner & Overnight stay at Bandarawela.
Day 06 - Kitulgala – Negombo – Colomboexpand_more
- Eat breakfast and transfer to Kitulgala, a little town on the banks of the Kelani River, and the film location of the famous movie “Bridge on the River Kwai. “
- Transfer to Colombo.
Overnight stay at Colombo.
Day 07 - Colombo – Airportexpand_more
- Eat breakfast.
- Tour Colombo, which includes a busy bazaar area, Kovils, Temples, Independence square, BMICH ETC, etc., according to the flight schedule.
- Transfer to the airport for departure.
- Accommodation at 3 Star & 4 Star Hotels with Breakfast
- Transportation in a Comfortable A/C Vehicle
- English speaking guide for the entire tours
- Guide Accommodations & Meals
- All Government Taxes & Charges
- Usage of guide beyond mentioned timings or anything beyond the itinerary
- Any tours to cities not mentioned above
- Any other services not mentioned above
Katunayake International Airport (CMB), Canada Friendship Rd, Katunayake, Sri Lanka