Whales Of Iceland Admission Ticket
Fin Whale Room
Screening of the film ''Sonic Sea''
Enjoy freshly baked pastry in the Whale Cafe.
Get a souvenir made by local artists
Whales of Iceland is the newest and largest whale exhibition in Europe. This year-round indoor exhibition features life-size models of all 23 whale species found in Iceland´s coastal waters, as well as man-made skeletons of whales in a spectacular interactive environment. It is located right in the heart of Reykjavík’s harbour area. This is also an innovative venue for evening receptions. There is no better way to learn about the Whales of Iceland than seeing these giants up close and personal in full-size.
Whales of Iceland Tourexpand_more
- Examine the 23 life-size models at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition! Whales of Iceland features 23 life-size, hand-painted whale models. This educational and interactive exhibition is full of underwater sounds, interactive technology and educational information for all ages - a must do when in Reykjavik!
- Enjoy this unique experience to walk through the world of whales, enjoying the soothing whale songs, ambient underwater lighting and beach-like floors. You can see just how big these amazing cetaceans actually are while you stand next to the models – and you are welcome to touch and explore each whale!
- Visit the latest addition to Whales of Iceland, the Fin Whale Room with your Reykjavik tour guide. This room highlights the various threats (and their solutions) that marine mammals face today. The film Sonic Sea plays daily at 11:00 and 15:00 in the room, and features incredible underwater footage of whales throughout the day.
- A daily live-guided tour is also available for free for all ticket holders at 10:30 and 14:00.
- Whales of Iceland is located just 15 minutes walking distance from the Old Harbour in the Grandi area. Grandi continues to grow and welcome additional museums, shops and restaurants.
- Once you have experienced all that the exhibition has to offer, you can finish your visit with a freshly baked pastry & cup of coffee in their Whale Cafe.
- Make sure to purchase a souvenir in their gift shop on the way out – this unique shop has a variety of souvenirs from local and international artists.
- Free parking & wi-fi.
- Live guided tour of Whales of Iceland daily at 10:30 & 14:00 for all ticket holders.
- Audio guide (available in 12+ languages)
- Food & drinks (available to purchase on site)
- Hotel transfers
Know before you go
- Free parking is available and you can purchase drinks & snacks at the Whale Cafe!
- The exhibition is open every day from 10 am to 5 pm in winter (1 September - 31 May) and from 10 am to 6 pm in summer (1 June - 31 August).
- They are so large that you will hardly believe your eyes, and you will certainly leave with a new perspective and appreciation for these interesting and beautiful animals. This innovative exhibition features an interactive minke whale and information stations that enhance and educate visitors about each whale.
- The exhibition space is stunning where the whales are the centrepiece and the atmosphere is like no other. You may feel like you are walking underwater.
- The strictest attention to detail and authenticity for the whale models was the foremost concern for Whales of Iceland. A marine biologist was consulted for accurate information and descriptive materials about each whale. The results of this data are beautifully rendered in life-size models that are realistic in size, anatomy and colour.
Whales of Iceland, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.