6-Hour Whales of Iceland Visit & Whale Watching Trip
Visit the Whales of Iceland exhibition that consists of 23 man-made life-size models of the various whale species found in Icelandic waters throughout its natural history A 25 m. (82 ft.) long blue whale, a full-size sperm whale, the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale and many more! See them all in their actual size! In cooperation with the Marine Research Institute of Iceland, the Whales of Iceland exhibition is not only an adventure for the whole family; it's also an information center about the whales in the North Atlantic.
Choose between 2-2.5 express and 3-3.5 classic tours from Reykjavik's Old Harbor, just a 5 minute walk from Whales of Iceland Exhibition. Embark to Faxaflói Bay in search of the four most commonly spotted species: humpback whales, minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises.
Reykjavik Whale watchingexpand_more
- Visit the Whales of Iceland exhibition that consists of 23 man-made life-size models of the various whale species found in Icelandic waters throughout its natural history.
- Head to Faxaflói Bay in search of the four most commonly spotted species: humpback whales, minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises, with your Reykjavik tour guide.
- Whales of Iceland: free educational & informational app with audio guide, headphones, free wi-fi.
- There is also a café area where you can purchase refreshments and relax beneath the whales.
- Whale Watching: guided boat tour, thermal overalls (available in children's sizes!), free wi-fi, a free ticket to try again in case there are no sightings.
- Restrooms & cafeteria area onboard where you can purchase refreshments.
What to bring
- For the boat trip we recommend dressing warmly, it is colder on the sea than inland.
- Don't forget your camera and some sunscreen as well!
Know before you go
- Please note - the starting time you have selected is for Whale Watching. If you have selected hotel pick-up, we kindly ask that you be ready at your designated pick-up point 60 minutes prior to departure.
- If you have not selected pick-up, please make your way to the Special Tours Ticket Office to check in - located at Ægisgarður 13, 101 Reykjavík - at least 30 minutes before departure.
- The Whales of Iceland Exhibition is an open ticket, so you can choose to go before or after your whale watching tour.
- Sightings of wildlife can never be guaranteed - if your tour does not have sightings you will receive a free ticket to try again, valid indefinitely!
Fiskislóð, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Fully refundable in case of any cancellation upto 2 days before the tour.