16-Day Trek To The Everest Base Camp
No part in the world is more spectacular than in the Everest region. It is home to four of the world's six tallest peaks Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Cho Oyu, which rise above everything else, crowning the towering ridges that straddle the forbidding Himalayans. The Everest Base Camp trek is the grandest walk in the land of the Himalayas. Trekking through the Everest region offers astounding mountain views and opportunities to get a glimpse into the life of world-famous climbers (the Sherpas).
- Traverse Namche Bazaar, also known as the gate of Everest
- Explore Lukla, a popular place for visitors to the Himalayas
- Trek to Phakding, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu expand_more
Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport (1345meters).
Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Venturing the Kathmandu Valley expand_more
Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 3: Phakding expand_more
- Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu.
- Trek to Phakding (2610 meters) for about 3 hours.
Day 4: Towards Namche Bazaar expand_more
- Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) for 5 hours.
Day 5: Take a break expand_more
- Namche Bazaar acclimatisation day.
Day 6: Tengboche Monastery expand_more
- Visit Lord Buddha in Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters), a trek of 5 hours.
Day 7: Dingboche expand_more
- Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) for 6 hours. Meet the traditional villagers and enjoy the panoramic views of the mountains.
Day 8: Chhukung valley expand_more
- Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and back to Dingboche. Trek of 4 hours.
Day 9: Lobuche expand_more
- Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) for 5 hours.
Day 10: Gorak Shep expand_more
- Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters), then back to Gorak Shep in 8 hours.
Day 11: Kalapatthar to Periche expand_more
- Hike up to Kalapatthar (5555 meters) early in the morning, then trek down to Periche (4200 meters) in 7 hours.
Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 12: Tengboche expand_more
- Trek down to Tengboche for about 5 hours.
Day 13: Lukla expand_more
- Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) for 4 hours.
Day 14: Back to Kathmandu expand_more
- Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Free afternoon.
Day 15: Go shopping expand_more
- Leisure day (Shopping day) in Kathmandu. Look for some Nepalese handicraft, pottery, jewellery, loose gems and many other unique items. You can choose street shopping or luxurious malls as per your budget.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 16: Back home expand_more
- Transfer to the International Airport for your final flight departure.
- All necessary road transportation (private car/van/bus).
- 3 Meals a day Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner during the treks.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek
- Govt. licensed English-speaking guide and necessary numbers of porters with their accommodation, salary and meals
- Necessary Permits and TIMS Card
- Hotel Accommodation at Kathmandu with Breakfast
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu
- Both way flight to lukla from Kathmandu
- Down jacket and sleeping bags for treks
- Clients insurance
- Extra food, water, cold and alcoholic drink
- Tips and beverage bill, personal expenses and personal clothing
Know before you go
The trek further offers the opportunities to go sightseeing around Sagarmatha National Park, a world heritage site and home to a variety of Himalayan floras and faunas.
One can get a closer look at the highest Buddhist monasteries in the world, embark on an epic journey that Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay set off on in 1953.
Above all, nothing beats the thrill and sense of accomplishment that grips travellers on seeing the power and grace of the mighty Everest up close.
200 USD extra for a single private tour.
Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM), Ring Rd, Kathmandu, Nepal
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 1||USD 1150 Per Person|
This is a group tour