Stroll Around The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront On This 2.5-Hour Private Tour
Take a tour of Cape Town's V&A Waterfront, the oldest working harbour in the city and the most visited destination in South Africa. Visit the landmarks such as the Zeitz Mocaa Museum, the second oldest lighthouse in South Africa, and the statues of four significant South African freedom fighters and Nobel Prize winners. End with a stroll around the restaurants and boats with a panoramic view of the landscape.
- Stroll around Cape Town’s oldest harbour with its historical landmarks
- Gain insight into the city's history, tradition, food, and nature from a local tour guide
- Visit the Zeitz Mocaa Museum and see the second-oldest lighthouse in South Africa
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Explore the Beauty of Cape Town expand_more
- This tour revolves around Cape Town's oldest working harbour, history, and numerous attractions. The dock, first used by the Dutch East India Company for trading and military purposes, developed further in the mid-1800s under British rule after gold and diamonds were discovered in the northern part of the country and after the numerous economic developments of Cape Town and South Africa. Today, the V&A Waterfront is the most visited destination in South Africa, with over 80 restaurants, 450 shops, two markets, and 22 historical hubs. The harbour, which sizes to the equivalent of 80 Rugby fields, offers a cosmopolitan mix of experiences ranging from culture, shopping, food and drinks, and entertainment.
- We will start our tour with the latest development of V&A Waterfront: The Silo District, where the old original Silo, originally constructed in 1927 and abandoned in 2001, has been renovated to the old splendour which now hosts the Zeitz Mocaa Museum, an award-winning modern museum of contemporary art and the super luxurious Silo Hotel.
- We will enjoy the beautiful view of Table Mountain, Lion's head, and Signal hills. The guide will briefly touch on the discovery of gold & diamonds and the story behind the name of V&A Waterfront.
- Then, we will see the second oldest lighthouse in South Africa, which is now a clock tower. After visiting the clock tower, the guide will attempt to show us some seals (please consider that the seals are not in captivity, so the viewing is not guaranteed).
- We will unveil why Signal Hill played an important role for the Dutch and analyse an archaeological: the Chavannes Battery was buried under a fishery time until a few years ago.
- Then, we will head to meet four significant South African freedom fighters and Nobel Prize winners; we will see the statues of Albert Lutuli, Desmond Tutu, F. W. de Klerk, and Nelson Mandela.
- At last, we will end the tour with a stroll around the restaurants and the boats, where we will be admiring the landscape with the panoramic wheel created for the Soccer World Cup in 2010.
- Professional guide
- Tip to the guide
- Personal expenses
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.