2.5-Hour Private Tour Of The Popular Attractions In Montserrat
Learn about the Cova Santa, a site of the miraculous apparition of the Virgin Mary. Explore the Benedictine Abbey and marvel at the romanesque doorway to the first Basilica. See the marvellous sculpture works of JM Subirachs and the 12th-century Moreneta (Black Madonna) wooden sculpture.
- Visit the famous Benedictine Abbey and Byzantine-style Basilica of Montserrat
- Learn the stories of local legends as we walk through open-air art
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Explore the Popular Attractions in Montserrat expand_more
- We will start our experience from the Apostol viewpoint to help you understand the general location of Montserrat in the Catalonian region. From there, the guide will depict the Cova Santa (also known as the Holy Cave), a site of the miraculous apparition of the Virgin Mary, which gave birth to this shrine in the 9th century.
- The religious history of Montserrat goes hand in hand with its marvellous organic rock landscape, out of which the Benedictine monastery was carved and built in the 11th century. During our visit, you will experience the inside of Abbey's cloister site from the 15th century and admire the Romanesque doorway to the first Basilica (11th century).
- Montserrat is also home to plenty of open-air art. During our stroll, we will look at the splendid sculptural works of JM Subirachs (Saint George, Ariada), famous for the Sagrada Familia's Passion Facade. Finally, we will approach the Byzantine-style basilica, which hosts the famous 12th-century Moreneta (Black Madonna) wooden sculpture. All of this and more, decorated with some local legends and stories!
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
RubyAn Enchanting Journey with Mariusz
Mariusz's walking tour of Montserrat was like stepping into a fairytale, with the Gothic architecture of the monastery, the breathtaking views of the mountain, and the mystique surrounding the Black Madonna.
RabiaA Photographic Expedition with Mariusz
Mariusz's walking tour of Montserrat was a paradise for photography enthusiasts, with endless opportunities to capture the stunning landscapes, architecture, and people of the region. An experience not to be missed.
JohnA real treat for the eyes
From the breathtaking views to the informative commentary, Mariusz made the tour of Montserrat an unforgettable experience.
EmilyA must-do activity
Mariusz's walking tour of Montserrat is a must-do activity for anyone visiting Barcelona.
MichaelWorth every penny
Walking around Montserrat with Mariusz was an invigorating adventure that brought me closer to nature and the mountain's mystique.
AmandaAdmirable landmarks with rich history
Mariusz's knowledge of the architecture and art of the Basilica de Montserrat added a deeper appreciation of the landmark's significance to my tour.
LaurenMix of history, spirituality, and scenic beauty
The mix of history, spirituality, and scenic beauty on Mariusz's Montserrat tour was a perfect balance that exceeded my expectations.
Mariusz's Montserrat tour was an insightful and delightful experience that I will cherish forever. Highly recommended!
USD 160 / group