4-Day Kathmandu & Bhaktapur Heritage Tour With Nagarkot Sunset View
Explore the famous Kathmandu valley, which boasts numerous ancient temples, monasteries, and stupas, such as Swayambhunath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath. See Bhaktapur Durbar Square's wooden/stone carved temples. See the medieval-age sculptures, the colourful carved temples, and the palaces of the Malla and Lichhivi Kings of ancient Nepal. And enjoy a spectacular sunset in Nagarkot.
- Visit Swayambhunath, one of the world's most glorious Buddhist chaityas
- Explore Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Living Goddess Kumari's house
- Witness one of the holiest Hindu shrines - the Pashupatinath Temple of Lord Shiva
- Admire Boudhanath - an ancient colossal Buddhist stupa, one of the biggest in the world
- Marvel at the 16th-century temple dedicated to Lord Krishna in Patan Durbar Square
- Discover Bhaktapur Durbar Square, the royal palace of the old Bhaktapur Kingdom
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu expand_more
- On arrival, meet your tour representative at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and transfer to the hotel.
- Check into your hotel and rest awhile before setting out for a walk around Thamel in the late afternoon or the evening.
- Enjoy welcome drinks and dinner in the evening before retreating to your hotel in Thamel for a good night's sleep.
Day 2: Bhaktapur Sightseeing and Drive to Nagarkot expand_more
- After breakfast, drive for 30 minutes to Bhaktapur, located 16 kilometres east of Kathmandu.
- Explore the Bhaktapur Durbar Square (courtyard), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the adjoining attractions, including Vatsala Temple, Statue of Bhupatindra Malla, Bhairava Nath Temple, Lion's Gate and Mini Pashupati Temple, as time permits.
- Visit the Pachpanna Jhyale Durbar (55 window palace), Golden Gate, Nyatapole Temple, and Dattatreya Temple.
- After lunch, drive for about 2-3 hours to another famous UNESCO Heritage Site, the Changunarayan Temple. Explore the Changunarayan premises for about half an hour.
- Drive to Nagarkot for beautiful views of sunset and sunrise. You may even opt for the hiking route and hike up for 2 hours to see the sunset and admire spectacular views of Mt. Everest and Mt. Langtang.
- Return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Kathmandu Sightseeing expand_more
- Set out on an early morning hike and keep going for 30 minutes to witness a beautiful sunrise. Spend half an hour here and indulge in peaceful mantra chanting and meditation.
- After breakfast, drive back to Kathmandu.
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple in the morning, one of the holiest Hindu temples.
- Transfer to Boudha Stupa, located at a distance of only 2.2 kilometres from Pashupatinath, and also see Boudhanath Stupa.
- Drive to Swayambhunath Stupa, also known as the "Monkey Temple." Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Kathmandu city spreading out below.
- Enjoy a scrumptious lunch at a rooftop restaurant in Swayambhunath.
- After lunch, transfer to Kathmandu Durbar Square (Basantapur) to explore the ancient city of Kathmandu. Explore the courtyard built by the ancient Malla Kings and proceed to visit the famous ‘Hanuman Dhoka’ and Kumari temple.
- If time permits, walk towards the north of Kathmandu Durbar Square to an area called Asan and Indrachowk, which features a traditional open market lined with traditional Nepali houses dating back to the 17th century.
- Return to the hotel in Thamel for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Final Departure expand_more
- On your last morning in Kathmandu, enjoy a hearty breakfast and reflect on all the memories made on the trip.
- Say your final goodbyes before transfer and drop-off at Tribhuvan International Airport for your homeward or onward journey.
- Airport pick-up and drop
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation in hotels with breakfast (3-star)
- Local English-speaking guide in Kathmandu
- Sightseeing as per itinerary with entrance fees
- All taxes and service charges
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal Visa ($25 upon arrival)
- Travel Insurance (recommended)
- Meals other than listed (lunch & dinner)
- Bar/beverages, laundry and telephone
- Other personal expenses not listed in the included section
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.