6-Day Sri Lanka Highlights Tour From Dambulla To Colombo
Spend a never forgetting time in the Rock Temple of Dambulla, feed the baby elephants, stroll in the spice and herbal garden and enjoy the Kandyan Cultural Dance Show. Go for a safari in Yala National park or Herbal Bath and Massage at Ella. Make the best out of this 6-day holiday!
- Feed the baby elephants at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha
- Enjoy a Herbal Bath and Massage at Ella
Itinerary Expand All Collapse All
Day 1: Visit Dambulla & Pinnawala expand_more
On arrival, a warm welcome to the tropical island of Sri Lanka and travel to Habarana via Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, where the baby elephants are fed and trained.
On the way, visit Dambulla Rock Temple, which dates back to the first century BC. Dambulla Rock is 152 meters high and is famous for its beautiful murals and statues, the colossal recumbent figure of Buddha 14 meters in height and the paintings on the ceiling of the cave.
Dy 2: Visit Sigiriya & Kandy expand_more
After breakfast, leave for Kandy via Sigiriya's rock fortress 200 meters high and see the remains of the palace, which was built by King Kashyapa in the 4th Century AD.
Also, see the world-famous frescos painted with earth pigments on plaster and the graffiti on the ‘mirror wall’.
On the way, visit a Spice and Herbal Garden at Matale.
In the evening, visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha during the Pooja Ceremony and the Kandyan Cultural Dance Show.
Day 3: Visit Nuwara Eliya & Ella expand_more
- After breakfast, do a city tour of Kandy. Visits include Botanical Garden in Peradeniya, which was the pleasure garden of the Royalty, Kandy Arts and Crafts Center, a Gem House and Lapidary, a wood carving factory and also the Upper Lake Road from where you will get a Panoramic view of the last kingdom of Sri Lanka.
- Now, leave for Ella via Nuwara-Eliya, en-route visiting a Tea Plantation and a Tea Factory. Experience one of the scenic and most spectacular journeys in the world - the heart of the Tea Country producing 50% of the World’s Best Tea.
- Relax in the afternoon.
- Optional: Visit the Ayurveda Spa for a Herbal Bath and Massage at Ella.
Day 4: Visit Yala expand_more
After breakfast, leave for Thissamaharama - the gateway to the Yala National Park. En-route visit Rawana Water Falls.
In the afternoon, visit Yala National park by jeep. Yala is one of the best-known reserves in the South Eastern corner of the island and the largest and most famous of Sri Lankan National Parks.
Day 5: Visit Galle & Colombo expand_more
After breakfast, leave for Galle.
On arrival, visit the Dutch Fort in Galle, which was built by the Dutch at the edge of the sea in 1663.
Leave for Colombo.
Optional: On the way, visit Turtle Hatchery Farm, Moonstone Mines & do a boat safari in Madu River.
Day 6: Departure expand_more
Leave for the airport to catch the flight.
- Meet, greet & pick up at the Katunayaka International Airport
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle in the itinerary with service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide
- Cost of accommodation on B/B basis commencing with breakfast on the day 2 summer 2015 and ending with the breakfast on the day 7 summer 2015 at the hotels specified or similar in the itinerary
- All fuel, insurance, license fees and toll charges of the vehicle
- Cost of accommodation and meals for the guide
- Airport drop off
- Tips & gratuities
- Personal expenses
Katunayake, Sri Lanka
For cancellations upto 2 days before the tour -Refund of 80% of the tour price.
|1 To 1||USD 600 Per Person|
This is a group tour